2007 Ford Edge SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Edge model:
Use your own judgement
By Edge wins by an Edge on 02/11/07 20:31 PM (PST)

2007 Ford Edge SUV SEL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I looked at cars for > 1 year and I'm glad I waited. Looked at the Edge, Mazda CX-7 & CX-9, and Nissan Murano (and many many more). Nissan and Mazda wouldn't negotiate price. Ford did (two $500 rebates, 3.9% financing, and near invoice price) and that sealed the deal - In my case. Safety features are excellent, ride comfortable, well planted and quiet, with plenty of power. For example, drove at high speed and pushed the pedal, and quickly went higher with easily more to spare. Transmission shifts silky smooth. I never owned a Ford before but am glad I considered them. I recommend that you do the same if you are considering a crossover. I rented an Edge for 3 days before buying.

Terrific Vehicle!
By Zete on 02/06/07 07:56 AM (PST)

2007 Ford Edge SUV SEL Plus 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

What a vehicle! Spacious, comfortable, sharp looking, quiet ride, and from early experience it appears to be built well with solid craftsmanship. The Edge is well designed in the cab allowing easy access to the controls and giving each of the passengers ample room and drink storage. The exterior design is certainly a head turner -- especially when you equip the vehicle with the 18" wheels (which come standard on this trim line). My Edge is black with the camel leather interior -- it looks great. So far, the performance of the engine and transmission has been flawless. The 6 speed automatic shifts smoothly and allows me to cruise at high speeds at only 1500- 1700 rpms.

The Best SUV on the Planet
By Charley on 02/06/07 07:50 AM (PST)

2007 Ford Edge SUV SEL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I've been driving a midsize SUV and been waiting for this kind of fuel efficient crossover long time. Test-drove Murano, but heck, it's too overpriced. Finally I test drove an Edge and just I was sold to it. The fuel economy is much better than I expected and the vista roof gives me a huge view to the sky, which is terrific. So nice looking outside and very BIG inside. The inside space is one of my favorites. The gauges and controls are convenient and friendly. V6 and auto go very well together. I love to drive my Edge everyday. It's fun to drive. The trunk space is also very generous and 2nd row seat is big enough for my 6' 5" son. 18" tire is a good idea, too.

lst Month
By ace on 01/31/07 09:05 AM (PST)

2007 Ford Edge SUV SEL Plus 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

A dream to drive, quick response, smooth shifting and braking.

A great vehicle
By Cole on 01/30/07 08:14 AM (PST)

2007 Ford Edge SUV SEL Plus 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The braking distance, which has been much discussed, has not been an issue other than that it is longer than my '05 Acura TL or my wife's previous car, a '00 Focus. Exterior design and interior design are spot on, with a surprising amount of legroom in the second row, even for passengers 6'3". As the car is now only 3 weeks old, we have had no reliability issues. The new 3.5L V6 is a little noisy on heavy acceleration from a stop, but very quiet at speed. The vehicle feels planted in the cloverleafs, with minimal body lean and no tire squeal. We cross-shopped this vehicle with the BMW X3, Mazda CX-7, Cadillac SRX, Mitsubishi Outlander, and Toyota Highlander.

Go drive it...
By Hogrod on 01/26/07 13:04 PM (PST)

2007 Ford Edge SUV SEL Plus 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

As a life-long Dodge guy, I was apprehensive about my wife's suggestion to check out the new Ford Edge, but I'm glad I did. After months of looking at others, we settled on a fully loaded Edge SEL+. The most striking feature is how it doesn't look like everything else out there. The interior fit and feel was great, and gauges and dials were nicely laid out. The only downside was that it was difficult to locate the exact vehicle we wanted. We were told by the dealership that the hold up was factory caused due to issues with the Vista roof. The Vista roof is highly innovative and well worth the extra money. V-6 engine feels well mated with the smooth 6 speed tranny. Nice vehicle!

Couldn't be happier
By Sue Ray on 01/25/07 10:25 AM (PST)

2007 Ford Edge SUV SEL Plus 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I couldn't wait to get my hands on the new Ford Edge. I had been calling local dealers and it was hard to locate one. I finally bought one and couldn't be happier. The ride is great with little noise from the outside. It handles great and at 55 I finally feel like a kid again.

Awesome
By sthames on 01/19/07 20:14 PM (PST)

2007 Ford Edge SUV SEL Plus 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We have been shopping for a midsize SUV and have driven the Murano & Mazda CX-7. Both were nice but the Edge was far ahead on quality, ride, appearance and performance. The Edge is a solid ride with 18inch tires that smooths out bumps and noise. It really moves with the 265hp 3.5 ltr engine and it is an exciting vehicle to drive. This is a head turner with plenty of usable features. The Panoramic Vista Roof is awesome. We are looking forward to our first road trip.

An Edge Indeed!
By BC in the D on 12/23/06 14:27 PM (PST)

2007 Ford Edge SUV SEL Plus 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I was waiting for the Edge to come out since the lease was up on my 500. I was a little concerned that Ford couldn't seem to get them out of the plant, but I will assume caution was the order of the day and will say I am glad I waited. The interior is church quiet and the ride incredibly smooth. Thanks to the new 6 speed transmission you are at 1900 rpms at 70 mph. Just cruising. The new 3.5 liter engine is very smooth and provides plenty of punch. The leather front seats are nicely styled with contrast stitching and hold you firmly. The ride is excellent. As good as or better than a top notch sedan. The exterior styling is strong and fresh. Ford got this one right. No joke.

AAAAAAwesome CUV
By Koen Shoencheck on 12/21/06 12:32 PM (PST)

2007 Ford Edge SUV SEL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I don't know how much I like my Edge. A good look, spacious interior especially after 2nd-row. I don't need a 3rd-row seat, but need a big cargo space which Edge is exactly having. Driving is also very nimble and responsive. I like the 6 speed auto GM co-worked together. I became a celebrity in my sub since I brought my Edge and parked it on my driveway.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.