Used 2007 Ford Edge Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Ford Edge - Consumer Reviews

2007 Ford Edge

View reviews for a specific Edge model:

Gas Hog
By thanksohio

2007 Ford Edge SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We have had this vehicle for around three weeks now. We brought a 2007 for the incentives and had an "A" plan, that made the price hard to beat. Problem is, we are averaging 14.1 mpg. My wife drives the car to work M-F 15 miles highway driving. We have asked other Edge owners what their average MPG is and the normal response is "20 - 25." Also, window wipers freeze up and make the blades useless. Where they are located is a collection area for rain and snow. Not very well thought out. Would strongly advise looking at other crossover's as this one cost more in gas than a Suburban would!

Favorite Features

Nice ride, smooth and secure on snowy/icy roads (which is common here in the U). Poor gas mileage and wiper system make this vehicle ruin this vehicle.

Suggested Improvements

Improve the wipers system. Where they are stored collects water and rain causing the wiper blades to become coated with ice in cold weather. Worthless when you need them.

Looked at many cars, loved this 1 immediately
By jrstorm1007

2007 Ford Edge SEL Plus 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We got our Edge 3 weeks ago and love it. It is so much fun to drive. We got a 2007 floor model:, Black w/ tan leather, heated seats, Sirius, 18" Alloy tires, rear-sensor, fog lights, roof rack, power everything. The Vista Roof was not on the floor model. The car drags slightly to the right and I found out this was an issue for some of the '07 Edge and Lincoln MXK's (see TBS's on fordedgeforum dot com). I brought it in to the dealer, with the TSB # and they ordered the part. It was not installed yet. Other than that, it is an awesome car. Drives like a solid car with the room of an SUV. So comfortable. Looks better than any SUV out there, stylish, yet simple. Gas mileage is OK.

Favorite Features

Heated seats, I'll never be able to go back. Very roomy and comfortable, best leather seats we sat in for cars in this class. Rear-sensor as there is a bit blind spot in about all CUVs nowadays. Plenty of storage in center console. Rear seats fold down from the back via button, very convenient.

Suggested Improvements

The rear storage area is lacking of any storage organizer, will need to buy something to hold stuff in the back. Power rear hatch. A middle setting for the heated seats, there are 2 now and I find my self toggling between the two. Keyless entry, like the Rogue has, would be nice.

Great Car
By edgy

2007 Ford Edge SEL Plus 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I drive mostly highway to work and this vehicle is great for this. It rides great and is quite. Good pickup for a big CUV. Nav system and stereo are great.

Favorite Features

The looks of the Edge. And the ride, I really like the ride

Suggested Improvements

Braking. Better tires, don't care for the continental tires.

6 speed tranny
By johny

2007 Ford Edge SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I love the six speed transmission and the low noise and smooth ride. fast pick up and passing. I wish I would of bought awd and more gadgets like temp readings, auto temp control. better sound system.

This vehicle is a winner
By Barb Erb

2007 Ford Edge SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We just purchased our Edge, SE basic edition, about 2 weeks ago. What a fun machine to drive! We found it to be quite nimble in turns, light and quick on the accelerator, and an interior so quiet, my husband turned off the engine and restarted it because he couldn't hear it! Solid, roomy, comfortable, I like it every bit as much as I did my Expedition, but easier to smile at the gas station now! Still has the creature comforts we like, power door locks, windows, DVD, at a nice, no-frill price.

Favorite Features

Quiet interior, nimble handling, great curb appeal! Service great at our dealership with some extras we added!

Suggested Improvements

Door pillars are wide, seems there should be a way to thin them a bit without sacrificing the side curtain airbags. Other than that, perfect!