Used 2007 Ford Edge SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Ford Edge SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Edge model:

Fun Factor
By Kilokid

2007 Ford Edge SUV SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I've had this vehicle for 3 mos and I can tell you I love it. I drove a 1998 Lincoln Mark VII before and it just wasn't for me. I'm retired and I needed a vehicle that would take four guys with golf bags to the course. Well this Ford Edge is perfect for that. We all sit in comfort and quiet. We can have a normal conversation at 70 mph with having to raise our voice. Two of my golfing buddies drive the Lexus RX 330 and both say their next car will be the Edge.

Quiet, comfortable, peppy, and looks great. The size is just right for my needs.

Better gas mileage.

Smooth Ride, Great Design
By cawfebug

2007 Ford Edge SUV SEL Plus 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The AWD Edge has been a great car to drive. I was surprised as to how smooth and quite it is. All controls are fairly easy to get to given the size of the interior and the seats (except the front head rests) are very comfortable on long trips. This car is a great deal dollar for dollar. We get compliments on the Edge frequently.

Sirius Sat. radio, great stereo system, back up sensors great for parking garage!, controls on steering wheel, seating position & confort, auto dim mirror, contrast stitching on heated leather seats, back seat reclines. AWD and stability control great in snow/ice/rain. Light sage metallic color.

Tail gate is very heavy and hard to open (perhaps cold weather effecting), a bit hard to see behind (highly recommend backup sensors), front seat head rest push our heads forward too much, rear storage a bit tight due to design.

One year follow up report
By Follow Up Report

2007 Ford Edge SUV SEL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Have 26,000 miles on vehicle. No problems whatsoever. Only work done was routine oil changes - so far very reliable. In 2007, Ford did not offer the sync option for audio/mp3 players (which is now offered on 2008 cars). I would have preferred that over the wire connections that I must make now. Overall experience is that I am very happy with this car and would buy it again. Combined hwy/city mileage is a solid 18mpg - don't expect more from AWD equipped car. Although the Edge has been out a year now, I still get a lot of questions from people about the car. The styling appears to be popular.

Roomy (We have four person family), versatility, styling, safety, power, & vista roof. I also like the tire pressure monitor, it came in handy twice when I was getting flats (nails) and allowed me to get repairs without getting stranded. Headlights are excellent.

I agree with the comments on the angular headrest - they could be more comfortable. Provide more flexibility in ventilation controls. We added small circular mirrors to the outside mirrors to improve side visibility. Add adjustable pedals option & rear stadium seating for shorter people.

Overall Very Solid Vehicle
By The Edge

2007 Ford Edge SUV SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I really like the Edge. My wife has a Ford Expedition, but this is my first Ford. I've had many imports: Honda, Audi, Infiniti, Nissan, VW, Toyota, and so far this one is right up there with the best brands. Nice combo with powerful engine and smooth trans. Excellent safety features. Drives very nice on highway. Some blind spots (backup sensors option is must have). The only thing I do not like is the middle backseat is very tight, can not fit three adults in backseat (only fits two adults and a small child in middle).

Ext. styling, versatility of CUV, engine, transmission, sat. radio, seating position, overall fit and finish is good.

In 2007, the SE models w/Sat. radio, did not have steering wheel audio controls standard (in 2008 is is part of the convience package). Make backup sensors standard. Change the top of the dash -the rubber mat thing on top is kind of useless - give it a lid and make it a storage compartment.

Whiny. Whiny!
By Mary

2007 Ford Edge SUV SEL Plus 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Great curb appeal and comfortable. That's about it. City driving gas mileage averages around 15mpg - not much better than my 2004 Explorer. Difficult to see outside or rear window - back headrests block view. However, most troubling is the constant whining which dealership attributes to the fuel pump. Sorry. they say, there is nothing we can do. Because its a new model, Ford has little documentation on this problem.

Memory seat setting. General looks.

Need to refine fuel pump. Improve gas mileage.

• SUV