Used 2007 Ford Edge Consumer Reviews - 186 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Ford Edge - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Edge model:

Edge: Great Car, average navigation system
By dfayad

2007 Ford Edge SEL Plus 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I really love the car. Bought it on a trip to Maryland for a wedding. I really like the comfort, handling, and ride. Lots of bells and whistles, too I hate the navigation system. My little Garmin 550c is much, much better. I would highly recommend not buying the navigation system, if possible. You are better off with a portable model like the Garmin. The Sirius radio is wonderful as is the rest of the sound package. The speakers are average. The tire system detects low pressure in your tires. This is a good feature, however, it is too sensitive. Quick changes in weather can cause the system to activate. All in all, a very nice car with lots of fun things.

Sirius radio, big sun roof, memory seat, lots of bells and whistles.

Navigation system. Not very up to date and new discs are over $300.

Excellent Car
By cbarrois

2007 Ford Edge SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I was rear ended by a Dodge Ram going 70 mph while I was at a stop. This car was awesome! My passenger and I walked away a little sore, but we walked away. My car is totaled now but I'm in the process of buying a new one, unfortunately they don't make the Dark Amethyst in the 2008's.

The sunroof is great. Also, the seats are so very conformable.

Make it easier to access the back of the car from the backseat.

Love this Edge!
By K Bancroft

2007 Ford Edge SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I recommend the Ford Edge, it is fun to drive, handles excellent with good acceleration. When I first got it I had to train myself to stop driving so fast. It is also the perfect height, low enough to handle well but high enough to feel like you are sitting in a chair instead of with your legs out in front of you like you are on the floor. Before this I had a 6 cyl Subaru Outback 04, before that a V-6 Lexus ES300 98. Both of these handled very well but did a number on my back and I couldn't see anything sitting so low to the ground. I'm getting around 20 mpg which I feel is good for a 3.5L 265hp. Rides smooth too!

I love the chrome grille, I miss seeing chrome on vehicles. I love that I can plug my Ipod right into the car and there is alot of ports to charge all my stuff. The vents that blow the A/C to the back seat are very appreciated. The center console is big enough to hold lots & wide enough for 2 elbows.

I hope that Ford doesn't go crazy trying to change this car. Keep is simple because there is less things to go wrong is my motto. Added features add cost too. At this point when I get ready to replace my car in 4-5 years I would buy another one just like this, but maybe a blue one next time.

Fun Factor
By Kilokid

2007 Ford Edge SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I've had this vehicle for 3 mos and I can tell you I love it. I drove a 1998 Lincoln Mark VII before and it just wasn't for me. I'm retired and I needed a vehicle that would take four guys with golf bags to the course. Well this Ford Edge is perfect for that. We all sit in comfort and quiet. We can have a normal conversation at 70 mph with having to raise our voice. Two of my golfing buddies drive the Lexus RX 330 and both say their next car will be the Edge.

Quiet, comfortable, peppy, and looks great. The size is just right for my needs.

Better gas mileage.

Smooth Ride, Great Design
By cawfebug

2007 Ford Edge SEL Plus 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The AWD Edge has been a great car to drive. I was surprised as to how smooth and quite it is. All controls are fairly easy to get to given the size of the interior and the seats (except the front head rests) are very comfortable on long trips. This car is a great deal dollar for dollar. We get compliments on the Edge frequently.

Sirius Sat. radio, great stereo system, back up sensors great for parking garage!, controls on steering wheel, seating position & confort, auto dim mirror, contrast stitching on heated leather seats, back seat reclines. AWD and stability control great in snow/ice/rain. Light sage metallic color.

Tail gate is very heavy and hard to open (perhaps cold weather effecting), a bit hard to see behind (highly recommend backup sensors), front seat head rest push our heads forward too much, rear storage a bit tight due to design.