2007 Ford Edge - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Edge model:
Great Ride
By Sim on 04/11/07 12:15 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Edge SEL Plus 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

It's a dream car. It does everything I could want in a car. I have already taken it in a wide variety of conditions (all but snow) and it has been great in all of them. I highly recommend this car and think Ford made a great vehicle! I have only had it for 6 weeks/2000 miles, but there is not an issue with it so far. I enjoy every drive I have with my Edge and cant wait to take it home again tonight.

Nice Vehicle
By K6 on 04/07/07 06:25 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Edge SEL Plus 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Bought in Feb '07 and have found it to be a great vehicle, fun to drive, and very roomy. Ford all around did a nice job for a 1st year vehicle and entrance into a new market. Looked at Toyota Highlander and Saturn Outlook. Even looked at a couple of vans and went with the Edge. Mileage is OK. I'm now getting 17.3 around town but you have to let the mileage calculation span over a couple of tanks of gas to get a more accurate reading. I would definetely recommend seriously considering it if you're in the market for new vehicle.

Upgrade from Minivan
By Stylish Soccer Mom on 04/06/07 17:18 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Edge SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I love it! The gas mileage is right where I need it. The style makes me feel young but the amount of space inside allows my kids to comfortably be transported from game to game with friends.

The Edge is a Range Rover.
By toddthelion on 04/05/07 15:50 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Edge SEL Plus 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Don't believe me do you? Most people don't know that Ford owns Range Rover. Many times I rode in my friend'd $80k Rover and salivated. Then I drove the Edge and oh my gosh! I felt right back in the Rover. Same wheel, stereo, ride, feel, stiffness, and power. It's even faster than a BMW X5. It is also the first Ford to appear prestigious in all manner of profiles. Nav and XM are also perfect, just lacked Bluetooth. Oh, and the entire back seat reclines so far back that Hulk Hogan could side cross his legs. Folding front seat into a table-esque platform makes it a limo, and the center console can conceal an entire laptop. Perfect, just perfect.

Very Fun to drive!
By Chad on 04/01/07 11:22 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Edge SEL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

After looking at the Honda CRV, the Mazda CX-7, the Pontac Torrent, and the Mercury Mariner, I decided to go drive an Edge. That was all it took. The Mazda had a bit more zip, due to its turbocharger, but really lacked for room inside, and towing capacity was not there. The Edge is much roomier than the Mazda, not as roomy as the CRV. The CRV was a really nice ride, but only had 166HP, and didn't have the zip I wanted, even on the interstate. This vehicle is by far the most fun to drive of any I've ever owned. The only thing I do not like is the headrest is at an angle which is somewhat uncomfortable on long rides, and I think they are a smidge overpriced.

Great Car!
By Dave Miller on 03/29/07 20:53 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Edge SEL Plus 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I had been looking at CUV's for some time and then I test drove this car. My drive was mostly on the freeway and I was shocked at the outstanding ride. Bought one on the spot! Have since gone on two short trips and could not be happier! Beautiful exterior topped only by the interior. Vista roof is amazing. Love the 18" chrome wheels. Mileage could be better but this car is by far the best in this class. You owe it to yourself to test drive the Edge and make sure you take it on the freeway as it just glides down the road!

Best of Two
By Mark on 03/29/07 09:36 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Edge SEL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I took an Acadia home overnight and after nearly 150 miles I could tell it was nowhere near the advertised mileage. I drove a similarly equipped Edge and thought for approximately $2K less it was the better of the two vehicles. The transmission is smoother and even though it doesn't shift up and down with the buttons the engine braking feature on O/D lockout is much better than on older Ford vehicles. The vehicle is fun to drive, and has a much more comfortable driving postion over my Honda Pilot, thanks to a more comfortable seat and the telescoping wheel. I was getting over 26 MPG on a trip on the interstate and am getting around 21-22 on the mountainous roads I drive daily to work

Wishing I bought it now (I lease..)
By cheeseman525 on 03/29/07 06:41 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Edge SEL Plus 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Okay, it might be a bit early to jump to such wild assumptions, but I love this vehicle. Not seeing a lot of them yet out here, so I get the "What kind of car is that" question followed by, "no way that is a Ford". So the ego of course is inflated, but driving this thing is where you will fall in love. On ramps with all four wheels pulling are instant smile makers. Stomp the accelerator at 65 and feel yourself pulled back in the seat when the auto tranny smoothly downshifts to 3rd and 5500 rpms and you rocket past that pain hovering at 65 in the left lane. I thought my 525 would always be my favorite driver, but the Edge has made that a distant memory.

SEXY!
By Lisa on 03/28/07 15:58 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Edge SEL Plus 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned my 2007 Ford Edge for 2 weeks and absolutely LOVE it! Supposedly the first version of the CUV was the 1996 Toyota RAV4, which I traded in for the Edge. People who see me and my new Edge think it's "sexy". I think they are referring to the 6 speed automatic, 265 horsepower, or maybe they are referring to the modern design. Either way, my new Edge is comfortable, stylish, capable and gets 24 mpg!

Nice Surprize
By Jerome on 03/23/07 20:17 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Edge SEL Plus 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I was not sure when I first got it, but within a day grew to love to drive it. Seats high and comfortable, Love the larger armrest storage. MPG is a little better than most in its class. Drives great.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.