2007 Ford Edge SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Edge model:
Nice ride, but not luxury
By GoOrange03 on 05/22/07 15:58 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Edge SUV SEL Plus 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The Edge is awesome looking on the outside but is very lacking on the interior. The interior materials are cheesy plastic and really need to be upgraded. This is a heavy truck and needs a more powerful engine. Around town it is great but highway aceleration is poor. The sound system stinks and needs an upgrade. I already miss the monsoon system I had in my VW. Ford needs to think about adding the little touches that will make this ride a true standout, automatic open and close lift gate, keyless entry and start, sensors on the front which alert you to cars in front of you. Pretty much take all of the features found in the VW Toureg and put them in the Edge.

This is a Ford?
By milesi826 on 05/19/07 19:37 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Edge SUV SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

After driving my new toy about 1800 miles, I am loving it. It looks great inside and out. Now, we are trading my wife's Expedition in next week for a second Edge. It feels safe and sturdy.

Very pleased
By 77 Ranger on 05/12/07 21:36 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Edge SUV SEL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Traded in a 2004 Ford Escape. The refinement, power and overal feel is leaps and bounds better than our trade in. So far we are in love with just about everything with this vehicle.

I love this car!
By itjustme on 05/09/07 09:41 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Edge SUV SEL Plus 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I am so happy with it. The Edge is just so much fun to drive. I'm not real sure about the gas mileage because I'm still on my first tank of gas but I was previously driving a Windstar so I can only believe it will be about the same or better! I love the power that the Edge has. The body style is absolutely gorgeous! My Edge is the Creme Brulee color - it looks very classy.

Finally got one right
By pudley on 05/03/07 18:26 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Edge SUV SEL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We drove the Murano before deciding on the Egde. Murano CVT simply could not decide what to do with itself - very annoying. The Edge does everything very well and it is screwed together like nothing else we drove. Good vision, comfortable for driver and passengers, fully featured and it gets a lot of admiring looks. Maybe there is hope for the American car industry after all.

From SUV to CUV
By Whitey on 04/27/07 14:15 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Edge SUV SEL Plus 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Headed down to my Ford garage to buy my third Explorer, but really didn't want to face another 5 years of sub 20 MPG at $4.00 per gallon. Dealer suggested trying the new Edge. After trial, bought one. I have owned it for about one month and I like it. It is the only vehicle I have ever owned that people on the street turn and look at. My neighbors all came over to see the car that can drive on the edge of buildings. Haven't tried that yet. The suspension is much softer than the Explorer and other truck-based vehicles. This will take a while to get used to. I am hoping for average mileage North of 20 MPG. Too soon to tell.

Big leap from '01 Drango!
By George on 04/24/07 17:48 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Edge SUV SEL Plus 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Beautiful to look at and beautiful to drive. Pewter AWD SEL-plus heavily loaded is everything I hoped for. Smooth power, smooth handling. We'll see how it stands up to my heavy foot, but initial indicators are all good. Except for sunroof, which rattles in the open position.

Very Impressed
By cld on 04/20/07 19:23 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Edge SUV SEL Plus 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Ford did a great job with this vehicle. I am always getting compliments on the sleek look. The ride is comfortable and quiet even on the highway. The panoramic roof is awesome and one button fold down rear seats are a very convenient feature. I love everything about my Edge!

The Edge is a Blast!
By Bruce on 04/16/07 21:57 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Edge SUV SEL Plus 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

After waiting 4 weeks for our Edge to come, we are totally thrilled by the ride, comfort, and the powerful V6. Ford, job well done!

From Fusion to Edge!
By Wells on 04/15/07 09:14 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Edge SUV SEL Plus 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I traded in a 2006 Fusion SEL V-6 to get the Edge. The Edge has the engine ride and style that I wanted. There is the room I need with a child and a dog. Great looks, people stop me in parking lots to ask about it and look inside. They say it looks like a Lexus. All in all it is just what we need and want in a CUV. Also it's very fun to drive! I knew I would miss the Fusion but the Edge fills the bill and than some!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.