Used 2007 Ford Edge Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Ford Edge - Consumer Reviews

2007 Ford Edge

View reviews for a specific Edge model:

Excellent Car
By cbarrois

2007 Ford Edge SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I was rear ended by a Dodge Ram going 70 mph while I was at a stop. This car was awesome! My passenger and I walked away a little sore, but we walked away. My car is totaled now but I'm in the process of buying a new one, unfortunately they don't make the Dark Amethyst in the 2008's.

Favorite Features

The sunroof is great. Also, the seats are so very conformable.

Suggested Improvements

Make it easier to access the back of the car from the backseat.

Love this Edge!
By K Bancroft

2007 Ford Edge SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I recommend the Ford Edge, it is fun to drive, handles excellent with good acceleration. When I first got it I had to train myself to stop driving so fast. It is also the perfect height, low enough to handle well but high enough to feel like you are sitting in a chair instead of with your legs out in front of you like you are on the floor. Before this I had a 6 cyl Subaru Outback 04, before that a V-6 Lexus ES300 98. Both of these handled very well but did a number on my back and I couldn't see anything sitting so low to the ground. I'm getting around 20 mpg which I feel is good for a 3.5L 265hp. Rides smooth too!

Favorite Features

I love the chrome grille, I miss seeing chrome on vehicles. I love that I can plug my Ipod right into the car and there is alot of ports to charge all my stuff. The vents that blow the A/C to the back seat are very appreciated. The center console is big enough to hold lots & wide enough for 2 elbows.

Suggested Improvements

I hope that Ford doesn't go crazy trying to change this car. Keep is simple because there is less things to go wrong is my motto. Added features add cost too. At this point when I get ready to replace my car in 4-5 years I would buy another one just like this, but maybe a blue one next time.

Fun Factor
By Kilokid

2007 Ford Edge SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I've had this vehicle for 3 mos and I can tell you I love it. I drove a 1998 Lincoln Mark VII before and it just wasn't for me. I'm retired and I needed a vehicle that would take four guys with golf bags to the course. Well this Ford Edge is perfect for that. We all sit in comfort and quiet. We can have a normal conversation at 70 mph with having to raise our voice. Two of my golfing buddies drive the Lexus RX 330 and both say their next car will be the Edge.

Favorite Features

Quiet, comfortable, peppy, and looks great. The size is just right for my needs.

Suggested Improvements

Better gas mileage.

Smooth Ride, Great Design
By cawfebug

2007 Ford Edge SEL Plus 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The AWD Edge has been a great car to drive. I was surprised as to how smooth and quite it is. All controls are fairly easy to get to given the size of the interior and the seats (except the front head rests) are very comfortable on long trips. This car is a great deal dollar for dollar. We get compliments on the Edge frequently.

Favorite Features

Sirius Sat. radio, great stereo system, back up sensors great for parking garage!, controls on steering wheel, seating position & confort, auto dim mirror, contrast stitching on heated leather seats, back seat reclines. AWD and stability control great in snow/ice/rain. Light sage metallic color.

Suggested Improvements

Tail gate is very heavy and hard to open (perhaps cold weather effecting), a bit hard to see behind (highly recommend backup sensors), front seat head rest push our heads forward too much, rear storage a bit tight due to design.

One year follow up report
By Follow Up Report

2007 Ford Edge SEL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Have 26,000 miles on vehicle. No problems whatsoever. Only work done was routine oil changes - so far very reliable. In 2007, Ford did not offer the sync option for audio/mp3 players (which is now offered on 2008 cars). I would have preferred that over the wire connections that I must make now. Overall experience is that I am very happy with this car and would buy it again. Combined hwy/city mileage is a solid 18mpg - don't expect more from AWD equipped car. Although the Edge has been out a year now, I still get a lot of questions from people about the car. The styling appears to be popular.

Favorite Features

Roomy (We have four person family), versatility, styling, safety, power, & vista roof. I also like the tire pressure monitor, it came in handy twice when I was getting flats (nails) and allowed me to get repairs without getting stranded. Headlights are excellent.

Suggested Improvements

I agree with the comments on the angular headrest - they could be more comfortable. Provide more flexibility in ventilation controls. We added small circular mirrors to the outside mirrors to improve side visibility. Add adjustable pedals option & rear stadium seating for shorter people.