2007 Ford Edge SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Edge model:
Love this crossover!
By Anonymous on 12/06/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2007 Ford Edge SUV SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned my Edge for over a year now and love it! I went from a 2 door Explorer Sport to the Edge SEL and am very pleased with my purchase. This is my everyday drive and I average at least 22 mpg - better than the 16 I was getting with the explorer. We had a few good snows last winter and I had zero problems getting around and boy does the heater work! Over the summer the AC was able to keep up with the Kansas heat and humidity. The interior is roomy - two adults + two teens is not cramped. Has more get up and go than the explorer so passing us not an issue. Would have liked the auto lift gate but fro the $, the 07 was best for us.

Never Again
By Never Again on 08/19/10 09:08 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Edge SUV SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I'm so disappointed that I will not buy a Ford again. Too many problems for a new car, especially the air conditioning! So much for buying American. What an upset.

CRAPola
By crappola on 12/06/09 07:13 AM (PST)

2007 Ford Edge SUV SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This has been a huge disappointment. this is the first American car I have ever bought brand new. * air conditioner is sadly inadequate. * wheel bearings went out at 35000 miles * recall on valve stems on tires * recall on heater core transmission NEEDS a recall. Been having trouble with transmission (as many others have) since 30000 miles. No one can fix it or they seem clueless. Now my warranty has run out on transmission.

Ford Catches Up
By Rich9294 on 06/22/09 18:11 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Edge SUV SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is the first U.S car that I have owned that equals Honda in quality. It is a safe car, with good handling and a good ride.

BEST SUV FOR THE MONEY
By Jason on 05/13/09 14:34 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Edge SUV SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This vehicle shows the direction Ford is going. Better interiors, high quality and still amazing performance. This makes it a winner. I think any Dad would love this as a very safe, fun and versicle package. This car received the highest score for safety. Believe me once someone hits you and you are in a car accident you will check this every time before making a decision on a car for you and you family. Safest CUV available. I think any young or fun couple with love to have this in their garage.

Love at First Drive
By judymac on 02/11/09 06:34 AM (PST)

2007 Ford Edge SUV SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Fell in love with this car the first time I drove it. Unfortunately did not wait for the 2008 model (would have loved to have Sync). Mileage is good for the size; controls are relatively easy; plenty of space for myself and family. Drives well on mountain roads. Mileage averages around 20 mpg with most of my driving done on mountain roads and city streets.

What a great solid vehicle
By Mark on 02/08/09 17:54 PM (PST)

2007 Ford Edge SUV SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Excellent vehicle. Handles and feels very solid. Rides like a Lincoln or a Caddy. I have a family of 4 and there is so much room. As we test drove before purchase I sat in the back seat while the wife drove it...the leg room in the back seats is unbelievable.

Ford Edge SEL
By ELR on 12/11/08 13:06 PM (PST)

2007 Ford Edge SUV SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

My Ford Edge is the best car I have owned. On the road, I get between 24 and 27 mpg when driving 65. I have not had one problem since I purchased the car. Ford has improved the quality and reliabilty of their cars.

Mixed Bag
By mooredc on 09/10/08 13:14 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Edge SUV SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The steering, acceleration and braking are quite smooth. But on (rare) occasions when I truly stomp on the gas, there is a loud clunk/jolt from under the hood. Comfortable leather seats. Poor center console - you have to remove the top tray to get to anything toward the bottom. The visibility out the back window is poor between the tint and the elevated head rests. We have the reverse sensor and that has been quite helpful. I am averaging 17.3 mpg which is pretty disappointing. The AC is weak for truly hot days. I have to keep the AC on the coldest setting, with the fan maxed out to keep from sweating. Great legroom. Suspension / road noise are both OK but not great.

Ford's Cutting Edge!
By Jason&Beth on 08/03/08 19:56 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Edge SUV SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We bought our Edge as a true crossover, replacing a '01 Mustang GT and a '00 Xterra. The Edge has lived up to almost all of our expectations (Roominess of Xterra, comfort & power of the 'Stang). Great fuel mileage given the size and power of the car. The seats are wonderfully comfortable and supportive. I would challenge anyone to find another car/crossover/mid-size SUV with better second-row legroom. Value received for priced paid is incredible (again, compare to other crossovers/mid-size SUVs).

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.