Used 2007 Ford Edge SEL SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Ford Edge - Consumer Reviews

2007 Ford Edge SUV

View reviews for a specific Edge model:

Love this crossover!
By Anonymous

2007 Ford Edge SUV SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned my Edge for over a year now and love it! I went from a 2 door Explorer Sport to the Edge SEL and am very pleased with my purchase. This is my everyday drive and I average at least 22 mpg - better than the 16 I was getting with the explorer. We had a few good snows last winter and I had zero problems getting around and boy does the heater work! Over the summer the AC was able to keep up with the Kansas heat and humidity. The interior is roomy - two adults + two teens is not cramped. Has more get up and go than the explorer so passing us not an issue. Would have liked the auto lift gate but fro the $, the 07 was best for us.

Favorite Features

Love driving this vehicle.

Never Again
By Never Again

2007 Ford Edge SUV SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I'm so disappointed that I will not buy a Ford again. Too many problems for a new car, especially the air conditioning! So much for buying American. What an upset.

Favorite Features

I do like how roomy it is. Comfortable also.

CRAPola
By crappola

2007 Ford Edge SUV SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This has been a huge disappointment. this is the first American car I have ever bought brand new. * air conditioner is sadly inadequate. * wheel bearings went out at 35000 miles * recall on valve stems on tires * recall on heater core transmission NEEDS a recall. Been having trouble with transmission (as many others have) since 30000 miles. No one can fix it or they seem clueless. Now my warranty has run out on transmission.

Favorite Features

seats are very comfortable and that's all I can say.

Suggested Improvements

recall transmission

Ford Catches Up
By Rich9294

2007 Ford Edge SUV SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is the first U.S car that I have owned that equals Honda in quality. It is a safe car, with good handling and a good ride.

Favorite Features

Quiet ride, air conditioning, stereo and highway mileage. I have gotten as high as 27.5 on the road while driving 65 mph.

Suggested Improvements

None

BEST SUV FOR THE MONEY
By Jason

2007 Ford Edge SUV SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This vehicle shows the direction Ford is going. Better interiors, high quality and still amazing performance. This makes it a winner. I think any Dad would love this as a very safe, fun and versicle package. This car received the highest score for safety. Believe me once someone hits you and you are in a car accident you will check this every time before making a decision on a car for you and you family. Safest CUV available. I think any young or fun couple with love to have this in their garage.

Favorite Features

Love the performance and the interior! I moved with this vehicle. It was perfect with the back seat down 7 ft of cargo length. WOW

Suggested Improvements

They came out with a Sport Edition. Very Nice but I would have liked to have seen it with more rim options to keep the cost down. around 30 K.