2007 Ford Edge SUV 3.5L V6 6-speed Automatic Consumer Reviews

2007 Ford Edge SUV - Consumer Reviews

2007 Ford Edge SEL Plus 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

SEL Plus 4dr SUV (3.5L V6 6-speed Automatic)

View reviews for a specific Edge model:
Nice at first until a part breaks
By jessokk on 04/26/11 10:01 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Edge SUV SEL Plus 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I bought my Ford Edge 8 months ago with 38,000 miles and loved it until the vista sunroof "broke" for no reason. The service technician just said the part malfunctioned.... Ford is charging $5,000 for the vista roof track alone! That is absolutely ridiculous!! There is no way that part costs that much. But there is nothing I can do other than pay the cost to get it fixed or leave it closed. That is certainly not a well manufactured vehicle. I highly recommend that you go elsewhere for a vehicle that will not simple break and you are stuck with the bill.

Steering wheel controls
By Rick Jas on 10/13/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Edge SUV SEL Plus 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Purchased this vehicle used and tried to take in for a the steering wheel controls not working properly. The Volume control changes channels and increases volume when you try to reduce volume. Also the seat belt recoil is so strong it has created dents in my door panel. All in all its a good car but minor simple issue Ford still has an issue with. They need to spend more time on the minor issues that frustrate consumers constantly. BTW - I was 12 days past my warranty and they refused to work with me. Make sure all take the cars in at the end of warranty to address none advertised warranty issues. My car had a list that will now not be covered.

Oh what bad MPG this gets!!
By Doug on 08/12/10 06:44 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Edge SUV SEL Plus 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Well lets just say it won't be winning any awards for gas consumption. I love the look and the comfort of the edge. We have nav and the whole 9 yards but it such bad gas mileage it sits in the yard a lot and we take the Camry. Too bad.

Way to go Ford!!
By Doug on 06/06/09 21:05 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Edge SUV SEL Plus 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Nav is kinda lousy. The rear dvd is awesome. Heated seats are insanly awesome. Love toasty buns. Motors right along. Looks better with 20's.

So Happy!
By noodles on 01/24/09 19:34 PM (PST)

2007 Ford Edge SUV SEL Plus 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The Edge is so comfortable, great for our family of four. 2 boys, 11 & 14 they need a lot of space to stretch out. My husband is 6'4 and 300 lbs and he's comfy. We got the black paint w/the black leather interior, sweet. Its gorgeous. Love the navagation system, sr, cd player and tons of pre-sets for everything. Heated seats, dual climate controls. Smooth ride. The car handles pretty well, not as tough as I thought in the snow but I didn't get the AWD. There is a button to press for slippery cond's, that does help. Super quiet inside. Great package inside and out. 20,000 miles, cert. pre-owned with 100,000 m warranty. 120 miles on 1/2 a tank, no complaints on gas mileage.

Great vehicle
By richard on 10/02/08 08:45 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Edge SUV SEL Plus 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I havn't had one issue with the edge in 18months of driving. I averaged 24.6 mpg according to the cars computer on 1500 mile trip with two people and at least 500 lbs of luggage etc. I have owned 16 new cars and the Edge is the best yet.

Love it with reservations
By Cubby on 07/24/08 14:05 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Edge SUV SEL Plus 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

There's a mystery clunk in the front end that occurs on almost all Edges the dealer tests - no fix for it yet. Vehicle rattles much more than I expected - on cracked and seamy pavement, over RR tracks - mostly the doors moving around. World's most illegible instruments. Ford should have used the Fusion's instrument faces. Love the power train; it's more manipulable than you'd think. Love the seats. Love the quiet; 1400 rpm at 62 mph! Over 13 years I've found my small-town Ford dealer to be excellent; so good I drive there (about 30 miles) for oil changes! Mine is front-wheel drive. With the right snow tires (Yokohamas)it's more than adequate, saves close to $2000 and improves mileage.

Great CUV
By Okie_Edge on 05/06/08 08:13 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Edge SUV SEL Plus 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This car rides great. Smooth on the highway with good acceleration when needed. Getting 20-21 mpg city and higway driving.

The best ever!
By alyssa628 on 04/29/08 10:28 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Edge SUV SEL Plus 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have always gone with Honda to buy all my cars. My husband was bored with this and seen a Ford Edge and had to buy. I was nervous about this idea, not anymore. This is the best vehicle

Sold My Audi for this.
By 2007 SEL+ (Limitied) on 03/31/08 13:21 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Edge SUV SEL Plus 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

My wife needed something with four wheel drive. We live on a mountain and get a lot of snow. I needed something to pull my 4 wheelers, that was as fun to drive as my Mustang, and my Audi turbo, and would be comfortable for road trips. My Audi was a fortune to maintiain. The Edge ride is so smooth. I like smoking BMW X5's off the line and the ride is very quiet. We love the look of it and I never get tired of driving it. Nice work Ford!!