Used 2007 Ford Edge SEL Plus SUV Consumer Reviews - 35 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Ford Edge SUV - Consumer Reviews

2007 Ford Edge SUV

View reviews for a specific Edge model:

Nice at first until a part breaks
By jessokk

2007 Ford Edge SUV SEL Plus 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I bought my Ford Edge 8 months ago with 38,000 miles and loved it until the vista sunroof "broke" for no reason. The service technician just said the part malfunctioned....
Ford is charging $5,000 for the vista roof track alone!
That is absolutely ridiculous!!
There is no way that part costs that much.
But there is nothing I can do other than pay the cost to get it fixed or leave it closed.
That is certainly not a well manufactured vehicle. I highly recommend that you go elsewhere for a vehicle that will not simple break and you are stuck with the bill.

I also read other reviews that people had problems with the sunroof. They indicated significant costs as well. I suggest Ford recall the roof track or make a better product.

Steering wheel controls
By Rick Jas

2007 Ford Edge SUV SEL Plus 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Purchased this vehicle used and tried to take in for a the steering wheel controls not working properly. The Volume control changes channels and increases volume when you try to reduce volume. Also the seat belt recoil is so strong it has created dents in my door panel. All in all its a good car but minor simple issue Ford still has an issue with. They need to spend more time on the minor issues that frustrate consumers constantly. BTW - I was 12 days past my warranty and they refused to work with me. Make sure all take the cars in at the end of warranty to address none advertised warranty issues. My car had a list that will now not be covered.

Handling

Loosen the seat belt recoil to eliminate door panel issues. The graphics on the map display are too dim and the wash out in sunlight is terrible. Map data is out of date and too many keys to hit to accept routing.

Oh what bad MPG this gets!!
By Doug

2007 Ford Edge SUV SEL Plus 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Well lets just say it won't be winning any awards for gas consumption. I love the look and the comfort of the edge. We have nav and the whole 9 yards but it such bad gas mileage it sits in the yard a lot and we take the Camry. Too bad.

Nav, Leather seats, rear dvd player.

MPG! Make lift gate open from inside. Better a/c. Better sound system. Better headlights. Smaller wheels. Did I mention MPG - 16 is what I get.

Way to go Ford!!
By Doug

2007 Ford Edge SUV SEL Plus 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Nav is kinda lousy. The rear dvd is awesome. Heated seats are insanly awesome. Love toasty buns. Motors right along. Looks better with 20's.

Looks. Heated seats. DVD.

Better MPG. Better sound system. Exterior antenna none of my radio stations come in. Has sat radio but not paying for it.

So Happy!
By noodles

2007 Ford Edge SUV SEL Plus 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The Edge is so comfortable, great for our family of four. 2 boys, 11 & 14 they need a lot of space to stretch out. My husband is 6'4 and 300 lbs and he's comfy. We got the black paint w/the black leather interior, sweet. Its gorgeous. Love the navagation system, sr, cd player and tons of pre-sets for everything. Heated seats, dual climate controls. Smooth ride. The car handles pretty well, not as tough as I thought in the snow but I didn't get the AWD. There is a button to press for slippery cond's, that does help. Super quiet inside. Great package inside and out. 20,000 miles, cert. pre-owned with 100,000 m warranty. 120 miles on 1/2 a tank, no complaints on gas mileage.

Heated seats, super comfy. Everything at my fingertips while still giving me space.

Less of a tinted window in back, hard to see at night.