Used 2007 Ford Edge SE SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Ford Edge SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Edge model:

Ford fun for family
By Tammie

used certified pre owned after 3 months
By bigbaby

2007 Ford Edge SUV SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Gave my 08 Lincoln MKZ to the wife and got a CPO Edge for 16K with only 45K miles. It's been great so far. I think this thing rides better than the Lincoln. Previous owner had issues with the transmission (computer) but I've not noticed anything. Every fill up is around 19-20 MPG. Liking it so far and would recommend it to anyone in need of a mid size CUV.

Looks, ride, flexible interior storage.

The SE model is really basic, wish I had the SEL for more content. But for the price I can't complain.

windsheild glare
By jason

2007 Ford Edge SUV SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I did not buy this car my wife did before I met her. I like the edge alot it is a roomy fun to drive crossover the gas could be better and my main complaint is while driving sometimes the glare from the front wind shield is really bad it seems like ford didn't really test it all that well before production. I have thought of buying a dash mat to cut the glare. I can deal with the not so great mpg we don't drive a real lot.

roomy, good acceleration and sharp looking

wind shield glare and mpg

Good reliable compromise vehicle
By melhof

2007 Ford Edge SUV SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Bought this vehicle for $20,400 NEW in 2007. Thus far it has performed without any problems. Great interior room, a true three adult rear seat with good travel comfort. Mileage as advertised, but less than desired. Replaced factory radio with double DIN CD/DVD/receiver and speakers. Also considered replacing cloth with aftermarket leather. Could have had a near luxury vehicle for an investment of less than $23000. If you buy one at a reasonable price, you will not be disappointed. Skip the pricy options. Vehicle comes with everything you need, even traction control. Seats are comfortable and adjust easily. Rear seat folds with a single lever. Roomy, stylish, comfortable, quiet, stable.

rear seatback folds flat with a single lever.

Mileage needs improvement.

Great CUV!
By Kim

2007 Ford Edge SUV SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Purchased my Edge in February of 2008. One week later someone plowed into the passenger side causing $9500+ in damages. Walked away with no injuries whatsoever. I didn't really feel much at inside the vehicle at all. No signifant body roll considering. Extremely safe. No real complaints except the dealer flashed the computer and I lost some power. Engine noise is a tad loud, but it's am American vehicle - it happens. Traded a loaded 05 Altima (3.5 V6) for my Edge and glad I did. Gets better fuel mileage, believe it or not. Drove from MA to SC fully loaded w/4 adults, a child and a full load of luggage. Gassed up at the first BP we could find and averaged 30- 33 mpg at 70-75 mph.

Comfort, height, color, mp3 jack, fuel mileage and turning radius (definitely). Tons to love about this vehicle.

Location of seat adjusted on driver side manual seat. HID headlights and body sided mouldings. Ford tuned the computer/engine for BP gas, but BP gas isn't available everywhere. Would recommend tuning to brands of gas available in the area it's being shipped or Exxon/Mobile - they're everywhere.

• SUV