2007 Ford Edge SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Edge model:
Report Rust Issues to Ford
By fitgali on 04/10/13 08:17 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Edge SUV SEL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I actually love my car, I've had it since 2007.

Ford Edge 2007 - Many problems
By amn67 on 01/24/13 14:51 PM (PST)

2007 Ford Edge SUV SEL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We have had many issues with our Ford 2007 SEL. Back hatch will not open. Only way to fix is disconnect battery and after a few cold starts it will start to work again. Breaks squeak extremely loud when you first use them. This weekend transmission went out and Ford dealer wants $4800 to replace it. I found multiple internet posts about this issues. Dealer said have never heard of ford edges having this issue. Last fix a couple of months ago cost $2000+ and service man told us it was a known issue but no recall. My colorado engine died and Chevy dealer rebuilt it for no charge even without recall because it was known issue. Owned fords forever but longer ford fan.

Failed engine
By micktoll on 10/19/12 15:14 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Edge SUV SEL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

My 2007 Ford Edge just had a major engine failue with 91K miles. I was driving on a major roadway when I began to hear a tapping noise. Before I could take action the engine icon appeared in the dash. Whithin minutes the engine stopped and I was fortunate to have been able to pull off the road. Bottom line: engine failure. Vehicle always properly maintained all fluid levels correct. Ford refuses to offer any assistance. New engine $7000 plus! This is after spending $1100 on a "common" transmission problem 6 months ago!

used certified pre owned after 3 months
By bigbaby on 03/20/12 11:04 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Edge SUV SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Gave my 08 Lincoln MKZ to the wife and got a CPO Edge for 16K with only 45K miles. It's been great so far. I think this thing rides better than the Lincoln. Previous owner had issues with the transmission (computer) but I've not noticed anything. Every fill up is around 19-20 MPG. Liking it so far and would recommend it to anyone in need of a mid size CUV.

Nice at first until a part breaks
By jessokk on 04/26/11 10:01 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Edge SUV SEL Plus 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I bought my Ford Edge 8 months ago with 38,000 miles and loved it until the vista sunroof "broke" for no reason. The service technician just said the part malfunctioned.... Ford is charging $5,000 for the vista roof track alone! That is absolutely ridiculous!! There is no way that part costs that much. But there is nothing I can do other than pay the cost to get it fixed or leave it closed. That is certainly not a well manufactured vehicle. I highly recommend that you go elsewhere for a vehicle that will not simple break and you are stuck with the bill.

problems with transmission, traction control
By ziffercom on 02/01/11 10:13 AM (PST)

2007 Ford Edge SUV SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I bought mine 9 months ago with 40,000 miles. It has been to the dealer three times for transmission fluid leaks and twice for apparently random activation of traction control while drving about 60 mph and causing sudden deceleration -- not a good thing on an interstate! Two dealers could not recreate the traction control issue and told me to take it home. Looking to trade it in.

Love this crossover!
By Anonymous on 12/06/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2007 Ford Edge SUV SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned my Edge for over a year now and love it! I went from a 2 door Explorer Sport to the Edge SEL and am very pleased with my purchase. This is my everyday drive and I average at least 22 mpg - better than the 16 I was getting with the explorer. We had a few good snows last winter and I had zero problems getting around and boy does the heater work! Over the summer the AC was able to keep up with the Kansas heat and humidity. The interior is roomy - two adults + two teens is not cramped. Has more get up and go than the explorer so passing us not an issue. Would have liked the auto lift gate but fro the $, the 07 was best for us.

Steering wheel controls
By Rick Jas on 10/13/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Edge SUV SEL Plus 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Purchased this vehicle used and tried to take in for a the steering wheel controls not working properly. The Volume control changes channels and increases volume when you try to reduce volume. Also the seat belt recoil is so strong it has created dents in my door panel. All in all its a good car but minor simple issue Ford still has an issue with. They need to spend more time on the minor issues that frustrate consumers constantly. BTW - I was 12 days past my warranty and they refused to work with me. Make sure all take the cars in at the end of warranty to address none advertised warranty issues. My car had a list that will now not be covered.

2007 Ford Edge Pros & Cons
By joeohio on 08/28/10 20:31 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Edge SUV SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased this car with 25,000 miles from a GM dealership. I enjoy driving the car and like its looks. Very roomy inside for front and rear occupants and I am a big guy. Storage area behind the second row seats is somewhat small, probably because I had a minivan before. I have had to have the left rear wheel hub/bearing and the right front bearing replaced. An occasional hesitation has developed when climbing gradual grades at a constant speed. I thought this was related to the front wheel bearing because it stopped for a few weeks after having the bad front bearing replaced. It has now returned. I don't think it is an engine problem, more likely tranny or drivetrain. 55K miles now

Never Again
By Never Again on 08/19/10 09:08 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Edge SUV SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I'm so disappointed that I will not buy a Ford again. Too many problems for a new car, especially the air conditioning! So much for buying American. What an upset.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.