Used 2007 Ford Edge SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Ford Edge - Consumer Reviews

2007 Ford Edge SUV

View reviews for a specific Edge model:

Report Rust Issues to Ford
By fitgali

2007 Ford Edge SUV SEL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I actually love my car, I've had it since 2007.

Favorite Features

I love how my car handles on ice and snow. I can drive just like normal and it takes care of the environmental factors. It's roomy for my whole family, husband, two kids and a large dog.

Suggested Improvements

My major complaint is RUST, on the fenders, the rims and the inner door panels. I've reported it to Ford, hoping for some financial assistance for the repairs. None as of yet, but she said if there is enough reports about this problem it will of course increase likelihood that Ford will offer some assistance. So please REPORT RUST ISSUES TO FORD! Thank you for your help in this matter.

Ford Edge 2007 - Many problems
By amn67

2007 Ford Edge SUV SEL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We have had many issues with our Ford 2007 SEL. Back hatch will not open. Only way to fix is disconnect battery and after a few cold starts it will start to work again. Breaks squeak extremely loud when you first use them. This weekend transmission went out and Ford dealer wants $4800 to replace it. I found multiple internet posts about this issues. Dealer said have never heard of ford edges having this issue. Last fix a couple of months ago cost $2000+ and service man told us it was a known issue but no recall. My colorado engine died and Chevy dealer rebuilt it for no charge even without recall because it was known issue. Owned fords forever but longer ford fan.

Favorite Features

Heated seats

Suggested Improvements

Better cup holders in back. Middle seat folds down for cup holder but they are so wide most things can easily tip over. Better design on back windows for less blind spots. Headrest are annoying on how they hit your head. Improve on gas mileage. Not much better than my F150. Improve transmission and computer. Improve service when fixing known issues.

Failed engine
By micktoll

2007 Ford Edge SUV SEL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

My 2007 Ford Edge just had a major engine failue with 91K miles. I was driving on a major roadway when I began to hear a tapping noise. Before I could take action the engine icon appeared in the dash. Whithin minutes the engine stopped and I was fortunate to have been able to pull off the road. Bottom line: engine failure. Vehicle always properly maintained all fluid levels correct. Ford refuses to offer any assistance. New engine $7000 plus! This is after spending $1100 on a "common" transmission problem 6 months ago!

used certified pre owned after 3 months
By bigbaby

2007 Ford Edge SUV SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Gave my 08 Lincoln MKZ to the wife and got a CPO Edge for 16K with only 45K miles. It's been great so far. I think this thing rides better than the Lincoln. Previous owner had issues with the transmission (computer) but I've not noticed anything. Every fill up is around 19-20 MPG. Liking it so far and would recommend it to anyone in need of a mid size CUV.

Favorite Features

Looks, ride, flexible interior storage.

Suggested Improvements

The SE model is really basic, wish I had the SEL for more content. But for the price I can't complain.

Nice at first until a part breaks
By jessokk

2007 Ford Edge SUV SEL Plus 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I bought my Ford Edge 8 months ago with 38,000 miles and loved it until the vista sunroof "broke" for no reason. The service technician just said the part malfunctioned.... Ford is charging $5,000 for the vista roof track alone! That is absolutely ridiculous!! There is no way that part costs that much. But there is nothing I can do other than pay the cost to get it fixed or leave it closed. That is certainly not a well manufactured vehicle. I highly recommend that you go elsewhere for a vehicle that will not simple break and you are stuck with the bill.

Suggested Improvements

I also read other reviews that people had problems with the sunroof. They indicated significant costs as well. I suggest Ford recall the roof track or make a better product.