2007 Ford Edge - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Edge model:
used certified pre owned after 3 months
By bigbaby on 03/20/12 11:04 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Edge SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Gave my 08 Lincoln MKZ to the wife and got a CPO Edge for 16K with only 45K miles. It's been great so far. I think this thing rides better than the Lincoln. Previous owner had issues with the transmission (computer) but I've not noticed anything. Every fill up is around 19-20 MPG. Liking it so far and would recommend it to anyone in need of a mid size CUV.

windsheild glare
By jason on 12/13/09 05:53 AM (PST)

2007 Ford Edge SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I did not buy this car my wife did before I met her. I like the edge alot it is a roomy fun to drive crossover the gas could be better and my main complaint is while driving sometimes the glare from the front wind shield is really bad it seems like ford didn't really test it all that well before production. I have thought of buying a dash mat to cut the glare. I can deal with the not so great mpg we don't drive a real lot.

Good reliable compromise vehicle
By melhof on 11/29/09 10:58 AM (PST)

2007 Ford Edge SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Bought this vehicle for $20,400 NEW in 2007. Thus far it has performed without any problems. Great interior room, a true three adult rear seat with good travel comfort. Mileage as advertised, but less than desired. Replaced factory radio with double DIN CD/DVD/receiver and speakers. Also considered replacing cloth with aftermarket leather. Could have had a near luxury vehicle for an investment of less than $23000. If you buy one at a reasonable price, you will not be disappointed. Skip the pricy options. Vehicle comes with everything you need, even traction control. Seats are comfortable and adjust easily. Rear seat folds with a single lever. Roomy, stylish, comfortable, quiet, stable.

Great CUV!
By Kim on 08/29/08 14:54 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Edge SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Purchased my Edge in February of 2008. One week later someone plowed into the passenger side causing $9500+ in damages. Walked away with no injuries whatsoever. I didn't really feel much at inside the vehicle at all. No signifant body roll considering. Extremely safe. No real complaints except the dealer flashed the computer and I lost some power. Engine noise is a tad loud, but it's am American vehicle - it happens. Traded a loaded 05 Altima (3.5 V6) for my Edge and glad I did. Gets better fuel mileage, believe it or not. Drove from MA to SC fully loaded w/4 adults, a child and a full load of luggage. Gassed up at the first BP we could find and averaged 30- 33 mpg at 70-75 mph.

Expected more
By lauln on 08/09/08 15:22 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Edge SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Have had the vehicle just over a year. Like the space, styling, ride, color (redfire),and handling. Feels great to drive. But a lot of cheap plastic. Unprotected metal seat glides have sharp edges. Seatbelt detectors balatantly visible. From day 1 it has drifted/pulled to the left. Taken in numerous times, told that's just the way it is. Helicopter effect takes some getting used to even with front windows open. Deep console is OK but you need to take everything out to get to the lower layer. Cloth seats seem "utilitarian", like my old cheap truck. Hate dark interiors so I like the stone color. Lincoln's very is overkill. Wonder what a Mercury version would have been like.

Disappointment
By bradylady on 07/19/08 05:51 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Edge SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Big disappointment fuel mileage is really bad - never topped 18 mpg even on road trips. We have been big Ford fans for a long time but this is most likely my last one. Locked the car at the post office and could not get the driver's door to unlock - had to go to passenger side and reach across to unlock from inside. Materials in cabin have a really cheap feel. Air conditioner will not keep car cool in Texas heat. Give me back my Expedition. I gave up a lot to get 2 more miles out of a gallon of gas.

Good and Bad Edge
By Florida Momma on 07/15/08 12:00 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Edge SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Bought the Edge last March and have been very happy, with just a couple of exceptions. The gas mileage is horrible. Granted, I live in Tampa and drive in the worst possible traffic, but Ford promised 18-22 MPG and I'm lucky to get 14, and truly blessed to get 15. During the buying process, I turned my nose up at crossovers that avertised less than 18, and here I am getting 14 anyway. Also, I now have to replace my 2nd blinker bulb after 1.5 years. I've never had to change a blinker bulb in my life before, and now this is twice in one year on the same car. Worries me a little on the rest of the quality. Time will tell.

Here's a winner
By F.Michael on 05/10/08 04:03 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Edge SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Wife, 7 week old son, & I enjoy our little road-trips in the Edge. Cruising 70 to 75 mph isn't a problem courtesy of the 6 speed auto transmission. Solid build quality gives the feeling you're in a safe/well built crossover. Front-wheel drive is all that's needed (live in snowy WI). Very nice all around vehicle!

Fun Factor
By Kilokid on 02/06/08 16:14 PM (PST)

2007 Ford Edge SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I've had this vehicle for 3 mos and I can tell you I love it. I drove a 1998 Lincoln Mark VII before and it just wasn't for me. I'm retired and I needed a vehicle that would take four guys with golf bags to the course. Well this Ford Edge is perfect for that. We all sit in comfort and quiet. We can have a normal conversation at 70 mph with having to raise our voice. Two of my golfing buddies drive the Lexus RX 330 and both say their next car will be the Edge.

Overall Very Solid Vehicle
By The Edge on 01/04/08 10:41 AM (PST)

2007 Ford Edge SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I really like the Edge. My wife has a Ford Expedition, but this is my first Ford. I've had many imports: Honda, Audi, Infiniti, Nissan, VW, Toyota, and so far this one is right up there with the best brands. Nice combo with powerful engine and smooth trans. Excellent safety features. Drives very nice on highway. Some blind spots (backup sensors option is must have). The only thing I do not like is the middle backseat is very tight, can not fit three adults in backseat (only fits two adults and a small child in middle).

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.