Used 2007 Ford Edge Consumer Reviews - 183 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Ford Edge - Consumer Reviews

2007 Ford Edge

View reviews for a specific Edge model:

Ford fun for family
By Tammie

2007 Ford Edge SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

LOVE IT!!!!!!!
By Darius

2007 Ford Edge SEL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

It is hard to replace this car... we test drove the brand new 2015 Honda CRV, Subaru XV, Toyota Rav4... this 2007 Edge is better then those b-new ones... Had it for 6years, no problems... replaced batery, brake shues... This car changed my opinnion about Ford...

EDGY WEDGIE
By Lisa

2007 Ford Edge SEL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Well if you get our EDGE.. plan on having the bearings replaced every year. something about this vehicle. I have spent a fortune but when you really like your car you drive it til it dies and the engine and everything is great on it. People look at it say that is not a 2007 it is now almost 9 years in Rochester NY no rust..

Report Rust Issues to Ford
By fitgali

2007 Ford Edge SEL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I actually love my car, I've had it since 2007.

I love how my car handles on ice and snow. I can drive just like normal and it takes care of the environmental factors. It's roomy for my whole family, husband, two kids and a large dog.

My major complaint is RUST, on the fenders, the rims and the inner door panels. I've reported it to Ford, hoping for some financial assistance for the repairs. None as of yet, but she said if there is enough reports about this problem it will of course increase likelihood that Ford will offer some assistance. So please REPORT RUST ISSUES TO FORD! Thank you for your help in this matter.

Ford Edge 2007 - Many problems
By amn67

2007 Ford Edge SEL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We have had many issues with our Ford 2007 SEL.
Back hatch will not open. Only way to fix is disconnect battery and after a few cold starts it will start to work again. Breaks squeak extremely loud when you first use them. This weekend transmission went out and Ford dealer wants $4800 to replace it. I found multiple internet posts about this issues. Dealer said have never heard of ford edges having this issue.
Last fix a couple of months ago cost $2000+ and service man told us it was a known issue but no recall. My colorado engine died and Chevy dealer rebuilt it for no charge even without recall because it was known issue. Owned fords forever but longer ford fan.

Heated seats

Better cup holders in back. Middle seat folds down for cup holder but they are so wide most things can easily tip over. Better design on back windows for less blind spots. Headrest are annoying on how they hit your head. Improve on gas mileage. Not much better than my F150. Improve transmission and computer. Improve service when fixing known issues.