The big box
By William on
2008 Ford Econoline Wagon E-350 SD XLT 3dr Van (5.4L 8cyl 4A)
I have owned many ford f350 trucks, and switched to a ford e350 van to be able to haul more people and keep my tools inside. All my trucks had problems and this van is no different. The trim was falling apart and making noise, the transmission overdrive went out, and now the fan motor has lost one of it's four speeds. I bought it when gas was outrageous and saved a load of money, which I will use to put in some real seats, and have some of the ultra cheap interior plastic panels replaced. If you need a big hauler and lots of space then go for it. Past history has shown me after some very troubling problems, eventually everything gets fixed for free by ford and then you are good to go.
Favorite Features
Great view, lots of space, good mileage for a giant box - 18 on the highway, 11 around town. Fantastic price. Great A/C - get the dual a/c's they work good. Lots of companies offer seats, dash kits, bumpers, etc.
Suggested Improvements
The steering is a handful on the highway. Can Ford make the plastic interior pieces any cheaper? Why can't you build a king ranch van?