Used 2003 Ford Econoline Wagon Van Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Ford Econoline Wagon Van - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Econoline Wagon model:

Great Van
By Superdad

2003 Ford Econoline Wagon Van E-350 SD XL 3dr Van (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

This van replaced my 1999 150 van with the 4.6. It is night and day. Granted 1/2 ton to 1 ton jump but the difference was huge! I wish they made more of these in diesel. One tough van!

Weight capacity is great, we have 7 people and 4 dogs so we needed the size and capacity.

Ford should get rid of the headlights always on thing, a lot of boo's at the drive in. Also the engine limiter at 87 mph is a drag especially trying to pass semi's.

Solid Vehicle
By Jeff Sharp

2003 Ford Econoline Wagon Van E-350 SD XLT 3dr Ext Van (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Although this is normally a commercial vehicle, this is one of our family vehicles. We have a large family and this is very reliable, tough and easy to drive for it's size. We use this around town and on long trips and never a problem. Parking in town is difficult but again for its size, it has an amazing turning radius. Very satisfied with this van!

Size and reliability is great. Comfort is good for a big van. Seats remove with ease.

We put an after market DVD system with two screens (front and back). A necessity if you are taking children on a long trip.

Excellent
By family of 8

2003 Ford Econoline Wagon Van E-150 XLT 3dr Van (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Great for hauling kids. Our second one in three years.

Step bumper, sliding side door, excellent heater/ac, great room behind seats, great acceleration, excellent visibility (no blind spots.)

Don't know why they got rid of the drawer under the front passenger seat; put it back. Hand holds on "A" pillars are useless; get rid of them.

Best All Around Vehicle
By James21

2003 Ford Econoline Wagon Van E-350 SD XLT 3dr Ext Van (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

This is the second E350 V10 EXT van that I've owned, although it is the first brand new one, my first was bought at an auction 2 years ago, I traded it to a friend at 65000K and it will be used as a work truck now. My new one is really unbelievable, i still have the V10, that is essential. I only got a 12passenger this time, but it is still great. Plus I got a 6- disc, very nice. Interior up front feels roomier, and still the same, best comfort as before. Great AC/Heat system. Got dual batts this time, for extra power. Got 4.10 Limited-slip rear, which will really help out in winter. Looking forward to testing that out. This truck is really the best all-around truck that I've owned.

V10 is a must for power; +300HP & +450Torque. New front-end. Towing Mirrors, able to see more. 4.10 limited-slip rear, big improvement. Interior room and comfort. New stereo w/ 6-Disc CD & 6 Speakers.

Towing mirrors need to be auto dimming inside and out, glare from lights behind and sun is unbearable. Also auto folding tow mirrors w/turn signals would be nice. V10 emblems on both sides of front is better than one. Stereo needs to be more wattage, and better speakers. Side-Impact Air- Bags.

Great Van!
By csubwebczar

2003 Ford Econoline Wagon Van E-150 XLT 3dr Van (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

This has been a solid vehicle that fills its intended purposes perfectly. We needed lots of interior room, above average seating capacity, and much more towing capacity; this E150 does it all. I tend to forget I'm towing our tent trailer as this van makes it an effortless task. To top it off, though this was the first time we bought a vehicle on the internet, it was a fabulous experience.

Motor size/towing capacity, interior room for both people (8 passenger) and cargo (fully 4 feet from the back seat to the back doors!), smooth and quiet ride, great stereo.

Can not think of any.