2003 Ford Econoline Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Econoline Wagon model:
Great Van
By Superdad on 08/01/08 18:31 PM (PDT)

2003 Ford Econoline Wagon E-350 SD XL 3dr Van (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

This van replaced my 1999 150 van with the 4.6. It is night and day. Granted 1/2 ton to 1 ton jump but the difference was huge! I wish they made more of these in diesel. One tough van!

Solid Vehicle
By Jeff Sharp on 08/31/05 11:14 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Econoline Wagon E-350 SD XLT 3dr Ext Van (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Although this is normally a commercial vehicle, this is one of our family vehicles. We have a large family and this is very reliable, tough and easy to drive for it's size. We use this around town and on long trips and never a problem. Parking in town is difficult but again for its size, it has an amazing turning radius. Very satisfied with this van!

Excellent
By family of 8 on 01/05/05 21:19 PM (PST)

2003 Ford Econoline Wagon E-150 XLT 3dr Van (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Great for hauling kids. Our second one in three years.

Best All Around Vehicle
By James21 on 11/06/04 10:46 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Econoline Wagon E-350 SD XLT 3dr Ext Van (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

This is the second E350 V10 EXT van that I've owned, although it is the first brand new one, my first was bought at an auction 2 years ago, I traded it to a friend at 65000K and it will be used as a work truck now. My new one is really unbelievable, i still have the V10, that is essential. I only got a 12passenger this time, but it is still great. Plus I got a 6- disc, very nice. Interior up front feels roomier, and still the same, best comfort as before. Great AC/Heat system. Got dual batts this time, for extra power. Got 4.10 Limited-slip rear, which will really help out in winter. Looking forward to testing that out. This truck is really the best all-around truck that I've owned.

Great Van!
By csubwebczar on 08/13/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Econoline Wagon E-150 XLT 3dr Van (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

This has been a solid vehicle that fills its intended purposes perfectly. We needed lots of interior room, above average seating capacity, and much more towing capacity; this E150 does it all. I tend to forget I'm towing our tent trailer as this van makes it an effortless task. To top it off, though this was the first time we bought a vehicle on the internet, it was a fabulous experience.

Vanpool
By alshoe on 05/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Econoline Wagon E-350 SD XLT 3dr Ext Van (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

This is a leased 10 passenger van. I vanpool approximately 140 miles round trip per weekday in Los Angeles, CA traffic. Our previous van, a 2000 Ford Club Wagon, was not the stretched version and had a V10 engine. This one, the 2003, is stretched and has a V8. The V10 was much more responsive and powerful. However the V8 provides adequeate power and averages 1.5 to 2.0 MPG better than the V10 on our commute. With fuel prices rising, that is a plus! It would be nice if Ford offered a hybrid version of this van. Bottom line, considering the abuse our van gets, it has been reliable and have not had any major mechanical problems.

No, I don't have a hemi, I HAVE A V10!
By DadVan on 03/23/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Econoline Wagon E-350 SD XLT 3dr Van (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this van to replace a no- longer-available Ford Aerostar. With a family of five, including three older teens, we needed the room for the "final years" of integrated family life. The incredible SPACE and flexibility the vehicle offers afford us the needed flexibility for this stage of life. It has a great balance of quality vs. price, by that I mean that it provides equipment appropriate to this type of vehicle without a lot of "junk" you don't/won't need. Bottom line, I love my "ETon".

van for life!
By keyfri on 02/03/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Econoline Wagon E-350 SD XLT 3dr Ext Van (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

This van wants tobe filled and driven accross the country nd be a part of your family. It will gaim a personality. It will last forever because oof the 4r100 tranny that i actually did try to shoot a bullet through!Dont let it fool you it liokes to huil everything and more!

POOR DEALERSHIPS
By MAD on 02/28/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Econoline Wagon E-150 XLT 3dr Van (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

The last Ford I purshased was 1985. then again in 2002. Each time the dealer net work was terrible! Air noise in 2002 air leak under the dash is noisy and very cold on the drivers right foot.

nice van
By Bob4634 on 10/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Econoline Wagon E-350 SD XLT 3dr Ext Van (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

its a nice van, plain and simple can do lots of work. Useful for small bisniesse