Used 2002 Ford Econoline Wagon E-150 XLT Van Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Econoline Wagon model:

Not a Good Buy
By Irony

2002 Ford Econoline Wagon Van E-150 XLT 3dr Van (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I have replaced the front brakes including rotors every 3 months approx. 3000-4000 miles. Ford told me this was normal wear for this vehicle. The price to have this done at a Ford Dealer averages $800. The tires wear out quickly on this Van as well.

I love the quad seating and video system. It makes long trips with the kids fun.

The suspension and braking need to be beefed up considerably to eliminate the excessive wear on the brakes and tires.

ford van
By wriddle

2002 Ford Econoline Wagon Van E-150 XLT 3dr Van (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

nice van, mediocre fuel economy, very comfortable, minor build quality issues which have been corrected under warranty. would definitely buy another one when this one wears out. 5.4 engine is the way to go.

comfortable smooth ride.

rear disc brakes, improved fuel economy, more stout engine oil dipstick.

Loving the Travler Package
By tripping_in_virginia

2002 Ford Econoline Wagon Van E-150 XLT 3dr Van (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

We have had mini-vans and sedans. Looked at SUV's for the extra space but found the full-size Traveler package fo the Ford van beats everything hands down on space and the basic comforts now offered in travler packages like video, game plug in ports, reclining buckets for all four passangers up front, leather seats and lots and lots of cargo room. Plus the baby can haul any camper or boat you may wish to pull down the highway. We are very budget minded so one way to offset the fuel economy issue is that we use this for our only vehicle. It has handled very nicely around town and obviously excels on the open road.

1. Space 2. Reclining buckets for the kids 3. Entertainment console 4. Sit up high on the road

1. They need to give more leg room 2. AC not cool enough around town

Killer Traveler Van
By suburbank2500

2002 Ford Econoline Wagon Van E-150 XLT 3dr Van (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

This van is my daily commuter; It's got the Traveller package, and the kid quiet option (2 screens with a VCP). I've always been 'get the bigger motor' but the 289 (4.6L) v8 is just fine. I get about 20-21 on highway, 15-17 mixed. the ONLY thing is it's a rear wheel driver, so I'll have to retrain myself for winter. Don't waste your money on some tinny, mini-van. They don't have nearly the room and cost about $2-$3K more

The ride height. Nobody cuts me off that much.

They do make an E350 version, but try and find it.

Ford E-150 Chatuea
By JK

2002 Ford Econoline Wagon Van E-150 XLT 3dr Van (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I think this is a better vehicle than the GM's. Especially for the money. However, I highly recommend you go with a quality conversion. The conversion industry is on its head, and for $3,000 - $7,000 more than factory you can get an awesome highway beast.

Ride, power, comfort, size

Can they do anything about the fuel economy? Less cargo room, and give more room to the seating area. Bigger brakes!