2002 Ford Econoline Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Econoline Wagon model:
Red Ford E150
By Jim on 08/22/10 19:09 PM (PDT)

2002 Ford Econoline Wagon E-150 XL 3dr Van (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

We bought this van in winter of 2004 as mainly, a people carrier as there was only a short commute back then. but this van quickly turned into a mainly all purpose car, groceries, long cross-country trips, towing, you name it. For such a giant of a car, it handles well in the (It's not a Subaru) and when we moved and the work commute turned into a hour long one to Chicago, it served very well, although the MPG it delivers convinced us to get a 2007 Toyota Prius. We have logged 111,000 miles on it but with the exception of a starting problem (can't start if the engine is too warm sometimes)we hope to get years more out of it, and has been very reliable. Save your money, I suggest! Get a Ford

Not a Good Buy
By Irony on 06/14/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Econoline Wagon E-150 XLT 3dr Van (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I have replaced the front brakes including rotors every 3 months approx. 3000-4000 miles. Ford told me this was normal wear for this vehicle. The price to have this done at a Ford Dealer averages $800. The tires wear out quickly on this Van as well.

ford van
By wriddle on 03/07/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Econoline Wagon E-150 XLT 3dr Van (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

nice van, mediocre fuel economy, very comfortable, minor build quality issues which have been corrected under warranty. would definitely buy another one when this one wears out. 5.4 engine is the way to go.

Loving the Travler Package
By tripping_in_virginia on 08/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Econoline Wagon E-150 XLT 3dr Van (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

We have had mini-vans and sedans. Looked at SUV's for the extra space but found the full-size Traveler package fo the Ford van beats everything hands down on space and the basic comforts now offered in travler packages like video, game plug in ports, reclining buckets for all four passangers up front, leather seats and lots and lots of cargo room. Plus the baby can haul any camper or boat you may wish to pull down the highway. We are very budget minded so one way to offset the fuel economy issue is that we use this for our only vehicle. It has handled very nicely around town and obviously excels on the open road.

Killer Traveler Van
By suburbank2500 on 07/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Econoline Wagon E-150 XLT 3dr Van (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

This van is my daily commuter; It's got the Traveller package, and the kid quiet option (2 screens with a VCP). I've always been 'get the bigger motor' but the 289 (4.6L) v8 is just fine. I get about 20-21 on highway, 15-17 mixed. the ONLY thing is it's a rear wheel driver, so I'll have to retrain myself for winter. Don't waste your money on some tinny, mini-van. They don't have nearly the room and cost about $2-$3K more

FORD 100% BETTER THAN CHEVY
By JOE MASTENCIA on 12/09/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Econoline Wagon E-350 SD XLT 3dr Van (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I DROVE BOTH VANS AND HANDS DOWN THE FORD KILLED THE CHEVY. I ORIGINALY WANTED A CHEVY BUT I WAS SWAYED BY FRIENDS THAT OWNED FORD VANS AND THEIR FEEDBACK MADE ME MAKE THE SWITCH. FORD CARS ARE IFFY BUT THEY SURE KNOW HOW TO MAKE A TRUCK.

Ford E-150 Chatuea
By JK on 11/20/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Econoline Wagon E-150 XLT 3dr Van (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I think this is a better vehicle than the GM's. Especially for the money. However, I highly recommend you go with a quality conversion. The conversion industry is on its head, and for $3,000 - $7,000 more than factory you can get an awesome highway beast.