2001 Ford Econoline Wagon Van - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Econoline Wagon model:
Best Car Ever!!
By qaguy1982 on 05/26/11 06:38 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Econoline Wagon Van E-150 XLT 3dr Van (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased the 2001 Econoline with the Traveler package and the 5.4L engine when I was a Boy Scout leader with two kids in college. I had blown the shocks on my previous minivan 3 times hauling boys and heavy scout gear. We wanted something equipped similar to a mini van but not a full conversion van. Found the van on a lot with the Traveler package. As others have mentioned it was much cheaper than the larger SUVs and holds more cargo. Nothing but brake pads and tires to replace for the first 10 years. Mileage could be better but try and move the same amount of gear and people with sedans and you will buy a lot more gas since you will need more cars.

Ford Club Wagon
By G. N. on 11/20/07 09:52 AM (PST)

2001 Ford Econoline Wagon Van E-150 XLT 3dr Van (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Excellent all around vehicle. Very capable for trailering a 3500 boat & trailer. Flexible interior with removable rear bench seat for cargo hauling.

Traveler has delivered
By dwjones16 on 07/14/07 21:05 PM (PDT)

2001 Ford Econoline Wagon Van E-150 XLT 3dr Van (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Long term test is in,104K on 5.4L Traveler package and only been to the shop twice. Had some anti-lock brake wires chaff off and give error codes plus had an idle air control go bad. Other than normal maintenance, that's it. Good solid vehicle. My wife would rather drive it in traffic than the Camry.

Ford E150
By arc2642angel on 12/23/05 15:46 PM (PST)

2001 Ford Econoline Wagon Van E-150 XLT 3dr Van (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

This is the first full size van we have owned. After 3 mini-vans, it has been a wonderful experience owning something that is so large and comfortable to drive. We have driven from NC to Texas twice and have made several shorter state-to-state trips. With front and rear air, airplane lighting, and bucket seats all around, the travel is comfortable for all.

Work Horse
By Haulin Kids on 07/13/05 12:44 PM (PDT)

2001 Ford Econoline Wagon Van E-150 XLT 3dr Van (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Our 2001 E-150 with Traveler package is the most versatile vehicle I have ever owned. It is the ultimate trip vehicle with the VCP with its cargo room and towing capability. We have almost 50K miles and haven't had any mechanical issues. When purchased the vehicle was about $7 K less than a comparable SUV and about $4 K less than a comparable minivan. Other than off roading it is much more functional than a SUV. Mileage isn't even that bad (up to 18 mpg), comparable to many smaller SUV models.

Best one yet.
By Dennis Carter on 06/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Econoline Wagon Van E-150 XLT 3dr Van (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned 4 club wagons since 1978. My 2001 E150 Traveler is the best one yet. I feel the $ value of the E150 Traveler is fantastic. I don't know why Ford doesn't promote this product more.