2000 Ford Econoline Wagon Consumer Review: Proven Winner

2000 Ford Econoline Wagon Van - Consumer Review

Proven Winner
By Proven Winner on

2000 Ford Econoline Wagon E-150 XL 3dr Van

You ever notice how many emergency vehicles and fleet vehicles are the Econoline. There is a reason there are nowhere near as many Chevy/GMC or Dodge vans chosen by the pros. This is my second E150 conversion and I put over 250,000 miles on my 1st ('88) but couldnt pass smog in SoCal so I had to trade it in for this one. So far, only had the alternator go out on this one and my 88 went a quarter million mile on the orig motor and transmission without ever a problem. Take care of these American Icons and they can last nearly forever. In the 70's I used to drive an Econoline between SD and LA for years as a Bonded Courier. Would not want any other ride because I never once had a problem!

Reliable, trustworthy, many happy and safe roadtrips in the E150s. Lots of space inside and the power to get going fast, strong and confident no matter how much you are bringing along.

Suspension reminds me of driving a waterbed but it is a comfy ride as a passenger!
By jjim1
on 03/24/11 22:03 PM (PDT)

No the reason all the emergency vehicles are fords are because ford was thee first ones to jump on getting a contract with them and they had a review between chevy, dodge, and ford. At that time ford won the review and they wrote up the contract that they would only use ford vehicles. Well the contract recently expired and thats why you are starting to see dodge charger police vehicle and chevy and GMC Ambulances. I am a tow truck driver and I was on the seen of an accident today and two brand new GMC ambulances pulled up...