Used 2000 Ford Econoline Wagon E-150 XL Van Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Econoline Wagon model:

Proven Winner
By Proven Winner

2000 Ford Econoline Wagon Van E-150 XL 3dr Van

You ever notice how many emergency vehicles and fleet vehicles are the Econoline. There is a reason there are nowhere near as many Chevy/GMC or Dodge vans chosen by the pros. This is my second E150 conversion and I put over 250,000 miles on my 1st ('88) but couldnt pass smog in SoCal so I had to trade it in for this one. So far, only had the alternator go out on this one and my 88 went a quarter million mile on the orig motor and transmission without ever a problem. Take care of these American Icons and they can last nearly forever. In the 70's I used to drive an Econoline between SD and LA for years as a Bonded Courier. Would not want any other ride because I never once had a problem!

Reliable, trustworthy, many happy and safe roadtrips in the E150s. Lots of space inside and the power to get going fast, strong and confident no matter how much you are bringing along.

Suspension reminds me of driving a waterbed but it is a comfy ride as a passenger!

very pleased
By mommasimpson

2000 Ford Econoline Wagon Van E-150 XL 3dr Van

We bought this van when we were expecting our fourth child and we've really enjoyed it. We have four captain chairs and we love the way we can herd all the kids in and shut the doors before we get everybody in their seats. For a big family I think this car is a better buy and more comfortable than any SUV we've had. My husband wants to trade mine and get a newer model but at 106,000 miles it still runs great. If I ever get another, I'll spring for a high top with leather seats.

It is very comfortable to drive and ride in. The four captain chairs leave lots of room in the interior and you are able to separate fighting siblings. There is even enough room between the drivers seat and the chair behind it for a full size stroller for longer trips.

The air conditioner vents should never be placed where they are. No cold air hits the kids in the back seat. I think air vents should come from the sides and point backward.

Ford- poor quality
By tuxedo

2000 Ford Econoline Wagon Van E-150 XL 3dr Van

This is our first ford and we bought it new. In its first two years, the AC system broke down five times (compressor was replaced twice, expansion valve replaced four times, electrical switch replaced, flapper door repaired), the transmission had to be rebuilt, a door latch broke, the connection between the steering column and the steering box needed replacement twice, one front seatbelt replaced, a horrendous grinding noise at start-up from the AC compressor from day one to this day (the dealer showed us a Ford service bulletin that says such a noise is normal). Other than that, the truck has been trouble free.

Lots of interior room.

Improve quality of AC system and transmission.