2000 Ford Econoline Wagon Van - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Econoline Wagon model:
2000 Ford Conversion Van
By David Rien on 08/29/10 08:46 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Econoline Wagon Van E-150 XLT 3dr Van

We purchased this "used" vehicle from the dealer in 2000, it was never registered but had 4,000 miles on it as it was used as a model. It has been a great family car/van. It has never given us any trouble in the ten years that we have owned it and it is now fast approaching 100K miles. We have properly maintained it, so no major issues. Great for long trips especially when you have young children and much better to own than a conventional family van. Now though at 10 years and 100K miles, leather interior is starting to peel away. It might require some transmission work soon, but heck haven't had any transmission issues in 100K miles. My biggest and only complaint, gas mileage.

big money pit
By kryss on 12/03/09 07:34 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Econoline Wagon Van E-150 Chateau 3dr Van

I bought the van because we do alot of camping. I just paid it off in October of this year. Since Last year I have easily put 6K into the van. Alternator, tie rods, bearings, front end problems, transmission, Calipers, gear shift box, sensors, fuel pump, weird stuff like, "regulating bleeder valve". I love the van and the ride, just cant afford it anymore. It is seriously putting me in debt.

A lot of flaws but incredible ride
By Eddie on 07/16/09 01:06 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Econoline Wagon Van E-350 Super Duty XL 3dr Van

I actually own a E-250 van which they dont include here when choosing your model. The ride and comfort are second to none although the front passenger side has very little leg room. The front end on this van is awful and my mech has told me this is because of the frame that Ford refuses to change and has been the same since the stone age. I bought this as a new van with only 5 miles on it at purchase and have spent easily 5k on the front end, Ball joints, shimmers, tie rods and have gone through numerous tires because of the front ends problem. Most of my problems have been with the conversion company which is named Explorer. I have had a leak in the seal of the roof. Numerous sm, prob w/con

Wish I could get another
By lindas on 03/17/09 05:34 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Econoline Wagon Van E-150 XLT 3dr Van

Our E150 is a conversion van. It has 160,000+ miles on it and just started showing some rust. With four kids we had plenty of room and plenty of fun times. Everyone loves being able to see so much when we are driving. With two in college, we need to downsize. I will miss this vehicle.

Proven Winner
By Proven Winner on 02/07/09 11:10 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Econoline Wagon Van E-150 XL 3dr Van

You ever notice how many emergency vehicles and fleet vehicles are the Econoline. There is a reason there are nowhere near as many Chevy/GMC or Dodge vans chosen by the pros. This is my second E150 conversion and I put over 250,000 miles on my 1st ('88) but couldnt pass smog in SoCal so I had to trade it in for this one. So far, only had the alternator go out on this one and my 88 went a quarter million mile on the orig motor and transmission without ever a problem. Take care of these American Icons and they can last nearly forever. In the 70's I used to drive an Econoline between SD and LA for years as a Bonded Courier. Would not want any other ride because I never once had a problem!

Awesome Van
By Excellent Van on 06/01/08 21:35 PM (PDT)

2000 Ford Econoline Wagon Van E-350 Super Duty XLT 3dr Ext Van

We bought this van six years ago and have thoroughly enjoyed it. It not only carries a large number of people, but it has been extremely reliable.

very pleased
By mommasimpson on 08/14/06 16:07 PM (PDT)

2000 Ford Econoline Wagon Van E-150 XL 3dr Van

We bought this van when we were expecting our fourth child and we've really enjoyed it. We have four captain chairs and we love the way we can herd all the kids in and shut the doors before we get everybody in their seats. For a big family I think this car is a better buy and more comfortable than any SUV we've had. My husband wants to trade mine and get a newer model but at 106,000 miles it still runs great. If I ever get another, I'll spring for a high top with leather seats.

Watch Those Brakes
By OmarV on 07/04/05 11:23 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Econoline Wagon Van E-350 Super Duty XL 3dr Van

I have a 2000 E350 Superduty van with v10. Performance is great - gas mileage ... well you don't buy a v10 for the mileage, you buy it for the POWER. The problem is I have 4 wheel disc brakes and after 45,000 miles I needed a brake job. What I discovered is that Ford uses cheap discs which rusted and required all four replaced. The cost was out of sight! My suggestion is watch out when buying used; check the discs.

just love it
By Chris on 05/14/05 01:13 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Econoline Wagon Van E-150 XLT 3dr Van

Ours happens to be a 2000 conversion van setup, high-top, and it is the best van we have had. At first when we bought it we had to get used to its massive size, but once you climb inside it’s a total different view. Equipped with a TV and DVD system it makes long road trips a lot more fun and relaxing. The captain chairs are plenty wide and well cushioned for those long hauls. Ours came with leather interior and separate sound systems front and rear. It’s perfect for almost everything we do with it and it stands out which makes peoples heads turn and we like the comments. I would definitely buy another one in the future.

Versatility
By carringb on 04/11/05 11:31 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Econoline Wagon Van E-350 Super Duty XLT 3dr Ext Van

This van hauls anything, and does it flawlessly. Even weighing in at 19,000 pounds with trailer, it still offers good performance. Center aisle seating option makes the long trips extremely comfortable. Unloaded acceleration and handling is above average even compared to V6 family sedans.