Used 2000 Ford Econoline Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Econoline Wagon model:

2000 Ford Conversion Van
By David Rien

2000 Ford Econoline Wagon E-150 XLT 3dr Van

We purchased this "used" vehicle from the dealer in 2000, it was never registered but had 4,000 miles on it as it was used as a model. It has been a great family car/van. It has never given us any trouble in the ten years that we have owned it and it is now fast approaching 100K miles. We have properly maintained it, so no major issues. Great for long trips especially when you have young children and much better to own than a conventional family van. Now though at 10 years and 100K miles, leather interior is starting to peel away. It might require some transmission work soon, but heck haven't had any transmission issues in 100K miles. My biggest and only complaint, gas mileage.

Fun to drive; high up on road so you can see traffic far down the road. Have driven with full occupancy over 1,000 miles on vacations with no complaints and excellent road handling.

Improve fuel economy. I have never done any towing, but told not recommended as it will ruin transmission when van is fully loaded.

big money pit
By kryss

2000 Ford Econoline Wagon E-150 Chateau 3dr Van

I bought the van because we do alot of camping. I just paid it off in October of this year. Since Last year I have easily put 6K into the van. Alternator, tie rods, bearings, front end problems, transmission, Calipers, gear shift box, sensors, fuel pump, weird stuff like, "regulating bleeder valve". I love the van and the ride, just cant afford it anymore. It is seriously putting me in debt.

Nice ride, fits alotta people and it is very comfortable and great for camping.

The mechanical stuff. My mechanic said that all of this stuff going wrong was just a fluke, but I don't think I will be buying another ford van.

A lot of flaws but incredible ride
By Eddie

2000 Ford Econoline Wagon E-350 Super Duty XL 3dr Van

I actually own a E-250 van which they dont include here when choosing your model. The ride and comfort are second to none although the front passenger side has very little leg room. The front end on this van is awful and my mech has told me this is because of the frame that Ford refuses to change and has been the same since the stone age. I bought this as a new van with only 5 miles on it at purchase and have spent easily 5k on the front end, Ball joints, shimmers, tie rods and have gone through numerous tires because of the front ends problem. Most of my problems have been with the conversion company which is named Explorer. I have had a leak in the seal of the roof. Numerous sm, prob w/con

The ride, both as a driver and passenger. The kids love the views and I also have the tv/vcr combo and the video game hookups. Very comfortable and easy to handle. At first my wife hated driving this van butnow she lves it. All of the luxuries are included and you know it when you sit in it.

Please do something about the front ends of these vans. I know some ford van owners who will not buy ford again because of this and I am one who is thinking this as well. The engine otherwise is great w/the one exception of the cylinder coil which gives probs after alot of rain. Unsure if I buyagain

Wish I could get another
By lindas

2000 Ford Econoline Wagon E-150 XLT 3dr Van

Our E150 is a conversion van. It has 160,000+ miles on it and just started showing some rust. With four kids we had plenty of room and plenty of fun times. Everyone loves being able to see so much when we are driving. With two in college, we need to downsize. I will miss this vehicle.

The comfortable seats, the rear folds down to a bed. The large windows are great. We have fancy interior lights that everyone loves.

We have had some electical problems with the power seat in rear but that is a problem that needs to be addressed by the conversion company. A wire comes undone under the seat that we have to keep connecting, not a huge deal but annoying.

Proven Winner
By Proven Winner

2000 Ford Econoline Wagon E-150 XL 3dr Van

You ever notice how many emergency vehicles and fleet vehicles are the Econoline. There is a reason there are nowhere near as many Chevy/GMC or Dodge vans chosen by the pros. This is my second E150 conversion and I put over 250,000 miles on my 1st ('88) but couldnt pass smog in SoCal so I had to trade it in for this one. So far, only had the alternator go out on this one and my 88 went a quarter million mile on the orig motor and transmission without ever a problem. Take care of these American Icons and they can last nearly forever. In the 70's I used to drive an Econoline between SD and LA for years as a Bonded Courier. Would not want any other ride because I never once had a problem!

Reliable, trustworthy, many happy and safe roadtrips in the E150s. Lots of space inside and the power to get going fast, strong and confident no matter how much you are bringing along.

Suspension reminds me of driving a waterbed but it is a comfy ride as a passenger!