1999 Ford Econoline Wagon Consumer Review: Family Favorite

1999 Ford Econoline Wagon Van - Consumer Review

Family Favorite
By hkennc on

1999 Ford Econoline Wagon E-150 Chateau 3dr Van

Has been a good, solid vehicle, mechanically. Engine pulls well and has good acceleration getting on the interstate. Had pretty much made up my mind to buy a Ford but out of the spirit of fairness, I tried the GM and Dodge. Main choice for Ford was driver legroom. I'm over 6 feet and the Ford is the only one I fit in. This is the third new Ford I've owned and bought all three without a test drive(1987 F- 150, 1990 Aerostar and this one). I'd buy another, probably, but my wife is ready for something smaller and nimbler.

The SIZE! Full size van made the most sense. In one year family went from NH to CO, CO to LA twice, LA to NC four times. Kids had all the room they needed in their own chairs. Plus I can fit 4x8 sheets of plywood or sheetrock in the back.

Ford paint sucks!!! Second vehicle I've had problems with and Ford (Corp/dealer) will not correct. Also, brakes stick on occasion.