1999 Ford Econoline Wagon Van - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Econoline Wagon model:
American built, no quality
By consumeraware on 07/11/11 08:17 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford Econoline Wagon Van E-150 XL 3dr Van

Right from when we bought it, had to rebuild front end including brakes. Almost $,1000. 1 year later the EGR valves went bad. Another almost $500. 1 year later the steering gear box was worn out, the radiator (plastic part on top) cracked, fuel pump went out, tank support beams came loose. All within 3 months. Done, sold it after owning it for only 2years for parts and bought used Import for less than what these repairs would have cost.

Best of both worlds
By Richard on 03/11/10 06:53 AM (PST)

1999 Ford Econoline Wagon Van E-150 XL 3dr Van

A RV was out of question for us, so we bought this E-150 conversion van (Coachmen) with V6 engine, as we don't plan to tow. Surprisingly, even the V6 is rated to tow up to 6,000 lbs, what about that? Our van did not have TV/VCR/High Top. Not needed in days with LCD screens and DVD. And a high top has more disadvantages than benefits. The van runs great, sure, the front axle (bushings/ball joints/brakes) wear more due to the weight. Gas mileage is good for a vehicle this size, at least 14 in the city, up to 19 on the highway. Never want to go without one.

van
By haas on 10/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford Econoline Wagon Van E-150 Chateau 3dr Van

this has been a very reliable and econimical to own vehicle. it has towed a very large trailer admirably.

Family Favorite
By hkennc on 07/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford Econoline Wagon Van E-150 Chateau 3dr Van

Has been a good, solid vehicle, mechanically. Engine pulls well and has good acceleration getting on the interstate. Had pretty much made up my mind to buy a Ford but out of the spirit of fairness, I tried the GM and Dodge. Main choice for Ford was driver legroom. I'm over 6 feet and the Ford is the only one I fit in. This is the third new Ford I've owned and bought all three without a test drive(1987 F- 150, 1990 Aerostar and this one). I'd buy another, probably, but my wife is ready for something smaller and nimbler.

Big Family Winner
By cwkrueger on 05/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford Econoline Wagon Van E-350 Super Duty XLT 3dr Ext Van

We have five children and frequently travel long distances to visit extended family. Very comfortable in hot or cold weather. Seats are easy to remove if we want haul cargo (and I mean A LOT of cargo!). Days of the car top carrier are GONE. We can stack luggage for seven behind the rear seat and have all the room we need for our family and a friend or too in the passenger cabin. Powerful? WOW! With the V10 engine we towed our boat through the North Carolina mountains and passed other cars on the interstate. We plan on running this baby into the ground, which will probably take a LONG time.

Great vehicle for a large family
By EP on 06/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford Econoline Wagon Van E-350 Super Duty XLT 3dr Ext Van

Comfortable seating. A/C works good and distributes well to the back. V-10 engine is very powerful.