Solid truck
By lastlion on
2006 Ford Econoline Cargo E-250 3dr Van (4.6L 8cyl 4A)
I bought this van for my landscape business. I looked at the Chevy too, and in fact was going to buy a Chevy until I test drove the Ford on a lark. The Ford felt better on the road, and I love it. It did take me a while to get used to the mushy steering, but now I like it over the sharper handling of the Chevy because it takes the road ruts better. The interior plastic gets filthy and stays filthy. The stock mirrors are terrible, huge blind area on the right side of truck. I had no complaint with the fit or finish of the vehicle at all. I would recommend this truck to anyone in some form of trade. That said, if Honda ever made a work van, I would so be there If I could afford it.
Favorite Features
Engine power (is much better than Chevy v-6 vortech but with the same mileage) Ride and handling. Overdrive lockout feature for hauling loads. Small stuff like headlight and key reminders is nice. Nice cup holders.
Suggested Improvements
God the seats are terrible. I hoped they fixed that in the newer model. The plastic cargo box mats are made of some material that fuses with dirt despite all efforts of soap. interiour trim traps dirt. Area under front seats one would like to use to store items is cluttered by wires.