2006 Ford Econoline Cargo Van - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Econoline Cargo model:
Solid truck
By lastlion on 12/27/08 17:43 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Econoline Cargo Van E-250 3dr Van (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this van for my landscape business. I looked at the Chevy too, and in fact was going to buy a Chevy until I test drove the Ford on a lark. The Ford felt better on the road, and I love it. It did take me a while to get used to the mushy steering, but now I like it over the sharper handling of the Chevy because it takes the road ruts better. The interior plastic gets filthy and stays filthy. The stock mirrors are terrible, huge blind area on the right side of truck. I had no complaint with the fit or finish of the vehicle at all. I would recommend this truck to anyone in some form of trade. That said, if Honda ever made a work van, I would so be there If I could afford it.

Toyota fan
By Tom on 02/24/07 12:39 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Econoline Cargo Van E-250 3dr Van (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I bought my van about a year and a half ago, and surprisingly, have not had any problems. I had to bring it in for recalls quite a few times, but other than that, it has held up quite well. The interior and exterior are obviously outdated, and need urgent attention, and the fuel economy is pretty bad. Also, I'd like to point out that when I took delivery of my van, I did not notice quite a few blemishes it had from the factory. Bumper was misaligned by a good inch or so, interior panels and roof liner needed to be cut to install the bin package (by the factory) and they cut them leaving frayed edges, smear marks, etc. Bad quality on the finish line of the factory. Waiting for a TOYOTA van.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.