Used 2006 Ford Econoline Cargo Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Ford Econoline Cargo

View reviews for a specific Econoline Cargo model:

Solid truck
By lastlion

2006 Ford Econoline Cargo E-250 3dr Van (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this van for my landscape business. I looked at the Chevy too, and in fact was going to buy a Chevy until I test drove the Ford on a lark. The Ford felt better on the road, and I love it. It did take me a while to get used to the mushy steering, but now I like it over the sharper handling of the Chevy because it takes the road ruts better. The interior plastic gets filthy and stays filthy. The stock mirrors are terrible, huge blind area on the right side of truck. I had no complaint with the fit or finish of the vehicle at all. I would recommend this truck to anyone in some form of trade. That said, if Honda ever made a work van, I would so be there If I could afford it.

Favorite Features

Engine power (is much better than Chevy v-6 vortech but with the same mileage) Ride and handling. Overdrive lockout feature for hauling loads. Small stuff like headlight and key reminders is nice. Nice cup holders.

Suggested Improvements

God the seats are terrible. I hoped they fixed that in the newer model. The plastic cargo box mats are made of some material that fuses with dirt despite all efforts of soap. interiour trim traps dirt. Area under front seats one would like to use to store items is cluttered by wires.

Toyota fan
By Tom

2006 Ford Econoline Cargo E-250 3dr Van (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I bought my van about a year and a half ago, and surprisingly, have not had any problems. I had to bring it in for recalls quite a few times, but other than that, it has held up quite well. The interior and exterior are obviously outdated, and need urgent attention, and the fuel economy is pretty bad. Also, I'd like to point out that when I took delivery of my van, I did not notice quite a few blemishes it had from the factory. Bumper was misaligned by a good inch or so, interior panels and roof liner needed to be cut to install the bin package (by the factory) and they cut them leaving frayed edges, smear marks, etc. Bad quality on the finish line of the factory. Waiting for a TOYOTA van.

Favorite Features

Surprisingly reliable, powerful van. Let's face it, it's a work van, it has no features.

Suggested Improvements

Inside and outside appearance, Ford needs to pay more attention to detail. They really did a bad job at the final phases of assembly.

Excellent workhorse
By rgold28

2006 Ford Econoline Cargo E-150 3dr Van (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This van I chose for cost and convenience. Compared it to the Chevy and the Dodge Sprinter. Even loaded and pulling a trailer this van still has power to move. The Chevy with the 4.3 litre 6 did not have it. Warranty, cost of ownership and the reliability of Ford Motor company. The fuel economy is no where near where they stated at 19. It's more like 12-15. It has a decent radio and to add cruise control costs an arm and a leg since it needs to be added by replacing the entire steering column. They told me differently at the dealer. Overall experience is excellent and i am very happy with this van. It's the best choice unless you want to pay $8k more for the Sprinter.

Favorite Features

AM/FM radio and AC are the only features. Make sure you get the vinyl floor mat. Keeps your cargo from sliding.

Suggested Improvements

More sight, better fuel economy, available with cruise control.