1995 Ford E-350 Consumer Review: 392,000 miles and it refuses t

1995 Ford E-350

392,000 miles and it refuses to die
By tyler on

1995 Ford E-350 Econoline 3dr Cargo Van

I drive my vehicles until they die. This thing just won't give up. Sure, I maintain it and repair little things when they break. I use the best oils and regularly check everything. But it is getting ridiculous because this van won't give in. I want another truck only because I'm bored. Oh, the transmission thing...the problem is that the transmissions have a cup shaped connection on the right side of the trans. The seal dries out and the connections corrode. Disassemble it, a few shots of solvent, blow it out with canned air and add some dielectric silicon grease and it lasts for about 2 years... then do it again. The hard shifting and failure to go into high gear is all gone now.

I had a little honda park up against my back bumper to try to fit in a parking space that did not exist. Just put the van in reverse...he moved (even in gear with the parking brake on)

Buy a new transmission wiring harness, stock up on dielectric grease (sometimes called bulb grease), buy contact cleaner - or carb cleaner works too but a little aggressive.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review