1995 Ford E-350 Van - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific E-350 model:
392,000 miles and it refuses to die
By tyler on 07/07/08 11:33 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford E-350 Van Econoline 3dr Cargo Van

I drive my vehicles until they die. This thing just won't give up. Sure, I maintain it and repair little things when they break. I use the best oils and regularly check everything. But it is getting ridiculous because this van won't give in. I want another truck only because I'm bored. Oh, the transmission thing...the problem is that the transmissions have a cup shaped connection on the right side of the trans. The seal dries out and the connections corrode. Disassemble it, a few shots of solvent, blow it out with canned air and add some dielectric silicon grease and it lasts for about 2 years... then do it again. The hard shifting and failure to go into high gear is all gone now.

It just keeps going
By Steve on 01/14/08 15:31 PM (PST)

1995 Ford E-350 Van Econoline 3dr Ext Cargo Van

384,000 miles on 7.3 turbo diesel. With regular maintenance these things are extremely dependable. No major problems with engine or tranny. I did have to rebuild the rear-end at 300,000. I have hauled some pretty heavy loads. Always averages 20+ mpg hwy.

Versatility
By D.Morgan on 10/22/05 12:32 PM (PDT)

1995 Ford E-350 Van XL Club Wagon 3dr Ext Van

Versatility, from carrying passengers, the original intention, to supplies, lumber (up to 16ft inside) furniture, etc. with bench seats removed/turned sideways. Having owned all US brands (full size,1 mini) this has been the best van I've owned. Passenger comfort, front/rear-heat/air, space to stretch, capacity for furniture, appliances, motorcycles, (minis can't cut it) then back to comfort for family/friends. Yes I rate it high, very versatile.

220,000 miles
By eli on 10/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford E-350 Van Econoline 3dr Cargo Van

Graet vehical, 220,000 and going strong. Changed Fuel pump at 80,000. At 215,000 Alternator and air pump, and thats all that fell apart. Thats pretty good. 6 cylinder, and 3 speed auto (C6) Started at 19MPG and am now getting 13-15 MPG.

Mom's cargo van
By cheech on 05/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford E-350 Van XL Econoline 3dr Ext Cargo Van

503000 miles on turbo diesel, a new set of glow plugs and you would never know it. Change your oil and drive like a human and they will last forever.

130,000 miles and still going strong!
By ScottMc9hp on 05/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford E-350 Van XLT Club Wagon 3dr Ext Van

Excellent vehicle. The 15 passenger XLT Clubwagon is a great van. Very durable and rugged. Built like a truck but with car like ride quality. I plan to convert this to 4x4 and use it as a camper van when all(or most)of my kid's have moved out. Very useful. The only improvement I would make would be to build a stronger transmission. I've been through 3 so far. 1 was due to inept mechanics but the EO4D is not (in my opinion) a very good transmission for the 460ci engine on a E350 frame.

Almost 200,000 miles and still going!
By ScottMc9hp on 05/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford E-350 Van XLT Club Wagon 3dr Ext Van

The only problem I have with this vehicle is the transmission. I've replaced it twice and it appears as if I'll have to do it again before too much longer (the 2nd transmission is due to AAMCO's less than skillfull mechanics). Also, it's hard to keep the front wheels aligned (ie; eats tires) and they are expensive! But all in all, I love the van. I plan to convert it to 4x4 and use it as a camper.