1995 Ford E-350 XL Super Club Wagon Van Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

Sort Reviews by

392,000 miles and it refuses to die
By tyler

1995 Ford E-350 Van Econoline 3dr Cargo Van

I drive my vehicles until they die. This thing just won't give up. Sure, I maintain it and repair little things when they break. I use the best oils and regularly check everything. But it is getting ridiculous because this van won't give in. I want another truck only because I'm bored. Oh, the transmission thing...the problem is that the transmissions have a cup shaped connection on the right side of the trans. The seal dries out and the connections corrode. Disassemble it, a few shots of solvent, blow it out with canned air and add some dielectric silicon grease and it lasts for about 2 years... then do it again. The hard shifting and failure to go into high gear is all gone now.

Favorite Features

I had a little honda park up against my back bumper to try to fit in a parking space that did not exist. Just put the van in reverse...he moved (even in gear with the parking brake on)

Suggested Improvements

Buy a new transmission wiring harness, stock up on dielectric grease (sometimes called bulb grease), buy contact cleaner - or carb cleaner works too but a little aggressive.

It just keeps going
By Steve

1995 Ford E-350 Van Econoline 3dr Ext Cargo Van

384,000 miles on 7.3 turbo diesel. With regular maintenance these things are extremely dependable. No major problems with engine or tranny. I did have to rebuild the rear-end at 300,000. I have hauled some pretty heavy loads. Always averages 20+ mpg hwy.

Favorite Features

The big D (diesel). This thing will haul or tow anything.

Suggested Improvements

Glow plug relay dies annually. More durable alternator.

Versatility
By D.Morgan

1995 Ford E-350 Van XL Club Wagon 3dr Ext Van

Versatility, from carrying passengers, the original intention, to supplies, lumber (up to 16ft inside) furniture, etc. with bench seats removed/turned sideways. Having owned all US brands (full size,1 mini) this has been the best van I've owned. Passenger comfort, front/rear-heat/air, space to stretch, capacity for furniture, appliances, motorcycles, (minis can't cut it) then back to comfort for family/friends. Yes I rate it high, very versatile.

Favorite Features

Front/rear-air/heat; largest capacity from the manufacturer, towing ability.

Suggested Improvements

12 volt accessory outlets, cupholders.

220,000 miles
By eli

1995 Ford E-350 Van Econoline 3dr Cargo Van

Graet vehical, 220,000 and going strong. Changed Fuel pump at 80,000. At 215,000 Alternator and air pump, and thats all that fell apart. Thats pretty good. 6 cylinder, and 3 speed auto (C6) Started at 19MPG and am now getting 13-15 MPG.

Favorite Features

Suggested Improvements

Change the fuel pump location.

Mom's cargo van
By cheech

1995 Ford E-350 Van XL Econoline 3dr Ext Cargo Van

503000 miles on turbo diesel, a new set of glow plugs and you would never know it. Change your oil and drive like a human and they will last forever.

Favorite Features

Power and fuel economy in a monster diesel 900+ range on 35 gallons 424000 on the 4spd automatic I can't understand why everyone else has problems with them.

Suggested Improvements

engine electrical problems, sensors, ICM, alternators(7) batteries (16) H2O pumps (3) Who thought of that stupid location for the fuel filter? And how about the self welding glow plugs???

130,000 miles and still going strong!
By ScottMc9hp

1995 Ford E-350 Van XLT Club Wagon 3dr Ext Van

Excellent vehicle. The 15 passenger XLT Clubwagon is a great van. Very durable and rugged. Built like a truck but with car like ride quality. I plan to convert this to 4x4 and use it as a camper van when all(or most)of my kid's have moved out. Very useful. The only improvement I would make would be to build a stronger transmission. I've been through 3 so far. 1 was due to inept mechanics but the EO4D is not (in my opinion) a very good transmission for the 460ci engine on a E350 frame.

Favorite Features

The ROOM! I can put my 11' jonboat full of fishing gear, motor, etc. inside and shut the rear doors when I remove all the rear seats! The POWER! The 7.5L (460ci) engine has power to spare even when towing other vehicles!

Suggested Improvements

The Transmission. The EO4D is weak in my opinion. I've had 3 so far and will probably put in another one before I'm done with the van.

Almost 200,000 miles and still going!
By ScottMc9hp

1995 Ford E-350 Van XLT Club Wagon 3dr Ext Van

The only problem I have with this vehicle is the transmission. I've replaced it twice and it appears as if I'll have to do it again before too much longer (the 2nd transmission is due to AAMCO's less than skillfull mechanics). Also, it's hard to keep the front wheels aligned (ie; eats tires) and they are expensive! But all in all, I love the van. I plan to convert it to 4x4 and use it as a camper.

Favorite Features

1. THE ROOM! When I remove the back seats, I can slide my 11' jon boat inside loaded with fishing gear, motor, etc. and still close the rear doors! 2. The POWER 7.5L (460 cu in.)!!

Suggested Improvements

Stronger transmissions. With the E350 you'd expect something that would be able to hold up to towing ANYTHING.