Used 1995 Ford E-350 Econoline Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific E-350 model:

392,000 miles and it refuses to die
By tyler

1995 Ford E-350 Econoline 3dr Cargo Van

I drive my vehicles until they die. This thing just won't give up. Sure, I maintain it and repair little things when they break. I use the best oils and regularly check everything. But it is getting ridiculous because this van won't give in. I want another truck only because I'm bored. Oh, the transmission thing...the problem is that the transmissions have a cup shaped connection on the right side of the trans. The seal dries out and the connections corrode. Disassemble it, a few shots of solvent, blow it out with canned air and add some dielectric silicon grease and it lasts for about 2 years... then do it again. The hard shifting and failure to go into high gear is all gone now.

Favorite Features

I had a little honda park up against my back bumper to try to fit in a parking space that did not exist. Just put the van in reverse...he moved (even in gear with the parking brake on)

Suggested Improvements

Buy a new transmission wiring harness, stock up on dielectric grease (sometimes called bulb grease), buy contact cleaner - or carb cleaner works too but a little aggressive.

220,000 miles
By eli

1995 Ford E-350 Econoline 3dr Cargo Van

Graet vehical, 220,000 and going strong. Changed Fuel pump at 80,000. At 215,000 Alternator and air pump, and thats all that fell apart. Thats pretty good. 6 cylinder, and 3 speed auto (C6) Started at 19MPG and am now getting 13-15 MPG.

Favorite Features

Suggested Improvements

Change the fuel pump location.