1997 Ford E-150 Van - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific E-150 model:
1997 Clubwagon
By Bill I. on 03/15/07 19:12 PM (PDT)

1997 Ford E-150 Van XLT Club Wagon 3dr Van

This vehicle provided many reliable years of service and was our workhorse. Was better than I expected. Would recommend it to anyone. Mileage was better than expected.

UTILITARIAN
By JACKMI on 10/27/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Ford E-150 Van XLT Club Wagon 3dr Van

We have used the vehicle primarily for family vacations, which involve camping, skiing, kayaking, and hiking. We did get the non-slip differential which was very helpful in winter conditions. The fuel "economy' leaves something to be desired. For the size it handles quite well on the highway and is fairly quiet. We have had on cylinder head replaced, but we do drive the 5.4L hard and do tend to load the vehicle down with camping or skiing gear for as many as 7.

V-6 Problems
By aliston on 08/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Ford E-150 Van XLT Club Wagon 3dr Van

Coolant leaks along with rebuilt engine at 42,000(Yes,I did have the extended warranty, it is a Ford!) Van is slightly underpowered but works for around town driving. Interior has large cargo space and removalable seats make it very flexable.

If you have kids and a boat ......
By Helmut / New York on 09/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Ford E-150 Van XLT Club Wagon 3dr Van

Bought this custom E 150 Van with 4.6/V8 to pull boat and move my family around on longer trips. Great vehicle with lots of space and the TV/VCR keeps things quiet with the offspring. Beats my SUV I had before the Van. Engine is strong enough and gas milage is around 15-16 MPG on the highway. Never had any mechanical problems and winter tires make it driveable in the snow. Would buy it again!