1994 Ford E-150 4.9L 6-cyl. 3-speed Automatic Consumer Review - 195K and like new

1994 Ford E-150 - Consumer Review

1994 Ford E-150 Econoline 3dr Cargo Van

Econoline Cargo Van (4.9L 6-cyl. 3-speed Automatic)

195K and like new
By Malloy on

1994 Ford E-150 Econoline 3dr Cargo Van

I bought the van used with 137K miles. It had some initial problems with the throttle position sensor that were quickly dealt with and have not recurred. It rides smootly and quietly on the highway and has plenty of power (5.8L V8). I took out the seats and built a bed a storage inside and use the van for camping several months a year. At this point I'd keep this van until the wheels fall off. Seems to be solid and shows no signs of problems.

Favorite Features

Build quality seems very good. No rattles or leaks at almost 200K miles. Great insulation. Quiet, and stays warm inside in winter. OEM tinted windows a nice touch. Climate control is very good...cool in summer and warm in winter.

Suggested Improvements

The engine cover makes it hard for the driver to move to the rear of the van. The power seat controls are located in a place that they are activated when I lean into the van from the open door. It should have 16 inch wheels and larger brake rotors. A place for a 2nd battery is needed.