1994 Ford E-150 Van - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific E-150 model:
Tradewinds Conversion Van
By LeeGolf on 06/22/09 08:27 AM (PDT)

1994 Ford E-150 Van Econoline 3dr Cargo Van

I have been extremely happy with this vehicle. I have gone on 10+ long trips (500+ miles)with it. The driving is less fatigueing, more comfortable, better visibility,definitely a world apart from little crap box cars. It seems to be developing a transmission problem,it has 120,000 miles on it. After all,I bought it used and did not know its maintenance or use history, my suspicion is, the van was used for heavier towing than was good for it. All things considered I'm still happy with it.

195K and like new
By Malloy on 11/17/07 11:24 AM (PST)

1994 Ford E-150 Van Chateau Club Wagon 3dr Van

I bought the van used with 137K miles. It had some initial problems with the throttle position sensor that were quickly dealt with and have not recurred. It rides smootly and quietly on the highway and has plenty of power (5.8L V8). I took out the seats and built a bed a storage inside and use the van for camping several months a year. At this point I'd keep this van until the wheels fall off. Seems to be solid and shows no signs of problems.

Great Van -Best ever.
By Frat-man-du on 06/11/07 09:49 AM (PDT)

1994 Ford E-150 Van Chateau Club Wagon 3dr Van

I bought this van as a MARK VIII conversion to tow my antique car and trailer. It did a great job for 13 years. Other than standard maintance and a blown rear end and fuel pump at 150K it has been trouble free. I cant say enough high praises. I can see why so many contractors choose this van.

Fenway
By petro on 02/20/06 17:41 PM (PST)

1994 Ford E-150 Van Chateau Club Wagon 3dr Van

Purchased new. Had to name it Fenway due to its color, green. You know, Green Monster, for its big green sides. Worst feature was the fuel pump which acted up in its early days and was undiagnosed by dealerships until complete failure summer of 2000. Next worst is rear heater pipes which have rusted out twice. Other than that, the van's been a capable family go on vacation vehicle. The first nine years pulling a pop up trailer. the last two pulling a 30 ft travel trailer. Highway mileage mid 16 per gallon with just family, slightly better than 10 with the big trailer. Interior holding up fine, precious little wear showing on the seats and I'm the height and weight of most NFL linemen.

Best car I have ever owned
By daarka on 12/30/05 11:55 AM (PST)

1994 Ford E-150 Van Chateau Club Wagon 3dr Van

This was the best vehicle I have ever owned. 12 years and 165000 miles with no more than minor repairs. Easy enough for me to work on - tune ups, etc. I had 5 kids at home when I bought it, and still use it even though my nest is empty. It uses gas at 13-15 mpg, but is cheaper to move 7 people around than 2 small cars. Cost of license, insurance, tires and minor repairs will keep this Van in the family for a few more years. Everything still works, but I have replaced a few switches, the radiator, and other small repairs.

1994 ford e 150 custom van
By jmsullivan on 12/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Ford E-150 Van XL Club Wagon 3dr Van

solid reliable family van folding rear seat becomes bed. not too high like high top vans fits in standard garage door opening.

Best all around family car
By daarka on 07/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Ford E-150 Van Chateau Club Wagon 3dr Van

For a large group, like a family, this is the best all around vehicle we have ever had. It is roomy and comfortable. Takes 7 people skiing or to the coast. The AC keeps cool even in 110 degree weather. Stays warm at 40 below. Easily fits 7 adults. The captain chairs make the backseat just as comfortable as the front. I have put all 144k miles on it. taught my children to drive in it. Once they master a big van like this, they can drive and park anywhere. Only downsides are non-openning windows in back. Ford should add rear window control to the driver as well. Low maintenance for the miles and usage.

found on road D$#!
By GMCHappy on 05/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Ford E-150 Van XL Club Wagon 3dr Van

Not a happy Ford owner...got rid if this ride to enter the GMC arena....been happy ever since

FordVan
By JoeJoe on 02/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Ford E-150 Van XL Club Wagon 3dr Van

Engine was replaced with a rebuilt engine around 3,500 miles. Whine in rear end or transmission developed shortly after purchasing. No one at Kayser was able to fix. Don't know. Radiator had to be replaced around 34,000 miles. Leak in main bearing seal developed just over 48,000 miles. Leak in secondary heater developed just over 48,000 miles. Also, the body on my 1987 van started to rust before 50,000 miles, and it had been under coated via Kayser Ford.

Heavily used van, great reliability
By Jeff Smith on 08/04/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Ford E-150 Van XLT Club Wagon 3dr Van

We have 3 children, one handicapped and load up the van for semi-annual trips of 500 miles. We've never run out of room and the trips are always comfortable. The van had a service contract for 3 years. We've had no major problems, until last year when we replaced the transmission after 140,000. Now the A/C is shot and unrepairable. We'll trade it in and get another.