2007 Ford Crown Victoria Consumer Review: Quality Car

2007 Ford Crown Victoria - Consumer Review

Quality Car
By Pete on

2007 Ford Crown Victoria LX 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This is my first new Crown Vic after four used ones ranging from a 1984 to a 2000. It's a very comfortable car to drive, handles well and has a lot of room. It has the sport package, with console, buckets and leather upholstery; I did have the dealer replace the 17" original rims with 16" so I could use snow tires on it (a must in upstate New York). I couldn't be more pleased; it's incredible that Ford is phasing the car out -- I'd trade for another one in the future if I can find a good, low-mileage one with significantly less mileage than I'll have on this one at the time, but I know Crown Vics can go 200000 miles, so I'm not in any hurry.

The Sport option gives 15 extra hp without any noticeable loss in fuel economy. Handling is very precise.

I wish they'd go back to the pre-2005 instrument display. The tachometer is superfluous in a car with an automatic, and I liked having the oil pressure and ammeter.