Used 2007 Ford Crown Victoria LX Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Crown Victoria model:

I'm On My Third
By kybfore

2007 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This is the third Crown Vic I have owned. I ran the first to 141K and the second to 176K. I have put 14K on this one to date. While the ride on this one is a bit stiff, it is compensated by excellent handling. My wife just says, "It's fun to drive." On a recent road trip of over 850 miles, I held my speed down to 65 and got 30.6 MPG overall, without air. Now, tell me what other vehile gets that fuel efficiency in the comfort provided by the CV? I understand that Ford is discontinuing the CV for consumer use, so I will probably have to go to the Grand Marquis in 8-10 years when this one needs replacement.

Handling. Trunk space. Fuel economy for such a large car

A nose upgrade - not particularly attractive. (Leave the back end alone - many, many cars out today have been patterned after the CV's derriere.)

Quality Car
By Pete

2007 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This is my first new Crown Vic after four used ones ranging from a 1984 to a 2000. It's a very comfortable car to drive, handles well and has a lot of room. It has the sport package, with console, buckets and leather upholstery; I did have the dealer replace the 17" original rims with 16" so I could use snow tires on it (a must in upstate New York). I couldn't be more pleased; it's incredible that Ford is phasing the car out -- I'd trade for another one in the future if I can find a good, low-mileage one with significantly less mileage than I'll have on this one at the time, but I know Crown Vics can go 200000 miles, so I'm not in any hurry.

The Sport option gives 15 extra hp without any noticeable loss in fuel economy. Handling is very precise.

I wish they'd go back to the pre-2005 instrument display. The tachometer is superfluous in a car with an automatic, and I liked having the oil pressure and ammeter.

My car
By golfer

2007 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

We have owned one Ford Crown Vic, then a Mercury Marquis and now another Crown Vic. We find them both to be the same and will always prefer them over other cars. We have looked at many and always come back. The ride and reliability is always great. When travelling we have always found great dealerships to help us out if there is a problem.

Motor, seats and ride.

Back to some chrome for distinction.

Excellent car!
By Mr Bean

2007 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

The Crown Victoria is a great car. This is the third one that I own and it is just as good as the other two that I had. These cars hardly ever brake down and the only maintenance that's required is regular fluid changes. Crown Victoria is also very comfortable to ride in. It drives as smooth as a boat which it kinda is. The handling has been greatly improved since a few years ago and it has plenty of power.

Interior space, body on frame construction.

Could use a bigger motor because the 4.6 is a bit outdated.

Great Car.
By Pat

2007 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I started out with a 95 Crown Vic, which I bought used. In the 8 or 9 years that I owned it, I never had a break-down or any problems mechanically or otherwise. I also average about 5mpg better than the EPA rating. However I had the opportunity to drive a new one, while my car was getting some bodywork done. And well, old reliable is getting an upgrade. These cars are comfortable, have plenty of power, and corners like they're on rails. There is definitely a reason why all of the police departments depend on them. I could easily drive this for another 10 or more years, but some of the new features, like an available moon roof, and the front bucket seats, have me thinking about upgrading.

Definitely the v-8, It feels like a hot rod. I also like the RWD body-on-frame construction, the front bucket seats, and the sport package.

Fix the taillights on the new models so they look a little less ricer. Also AWD and the trip computer that's available on the Mercury would be nice.