2006 Ford Crown Victoria - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Crown Victoria model:
mileage, and ride
By tonyd on 05/21/06 13:04 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Crown Victoria LX 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I live in Mass. I purchased this in S.C. while visiting our daughter. I traded in a 91 Crown Vic. I couldn't believe how quiet it was, and how comfortable the ride was and the front leg room. I am 6'1" (rear leg room I don't know). The front leg room was a lot more than my 91 and my other vehicle, a mint condition 86 Town Car. Driving it around the Hilton Head/Bluffton area in heavy traffic and the Savanna GA area, all heavy city traffic, the car gave me 23mpg. Coming home on the Interstate with the cruise set around 70mph the car averaged 28 mph; that to me is unbelievable, I still average 23 & around 27 on the highway and there's a lot of hills up here. I LOVE IT.

Reality Check
By Brett on 12/27/05 14:40 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Crown Victoria LX Sport 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

The fellow complaining about his resale value is blaming someone else for his own lack of research. I bought mine to drive until the wheels fall off, so depreciation wasn't an issue. I knew about it going in. The complaint in the Vehicle Overview that the car is large and unwieldy is absurd. Compared to a full-sized SUV this thing is like a Miata to drive and park. The alloy suspension pieces, power rack and pinion steering, and the 17" alloys make it handle like a 5-series BMW. If Ford spent another $100 in materials inside the cabin, dropped the 300HP 3 valve engine in the LX Sport and actually _marketed_ the bloody thing, they could sell a ton of them. Who cares about the 300C?

If you don't have one, get one
By Peshopavlov on 11/15/05 08:56 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Crown Victoria LX 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I am a Ford guy and I owned couple of Tauruses before but when I bought my Crown Vic I discovered a completely new class of vehicle. The comfort and the style beat any other car on the market; the price too. I've been in many cars (I am not fan of SUVs) but the size and almost classical style make it stick out in the sea of compact imports. It can always use some more power but the stock engine is easily upgradeable to about 300HP with couple of mods. It's easy to work on the engine if you're into that - there is a lot of room under the hood to add stuff too.

Crown Vic LX Sport
By Roy LaGrone on 11/03/05 18:23 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Crown Victoria LX 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Fun sported car to drive, center console and shift makes me feel 17 again. Very comfortable, and extremely safe car. One of lowest insurance ratings available. Besides I do not mind people thinking I am an Alabama State Trooper.

Ford Fantastic
By Chris Ramas on 09/14/05 01:23 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Crown Victoria LX Sport 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

The Ford Crown Victoria is an excellent,dependable family sedan which surprisingly is also fun to drive. I purchased one with the sport suspension which gives the large,comfortable sedan great stability on the road, especially while negotiating tight corners. ABS and traction control add peace of mind on slick pavement. This is my four Crown Vic since the current platform debuted in 1991.

What not to buy
By David on 08/25/05 11:16 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Crown Victoria LX Sport 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased a 2004 Crown Vic Sport in late 2003 and really liked the car. It has a big car but sporty feel with plenty of power. The problem came when I tried to get out of the car 18 months later. After paying the hefty $31,000 price for this car I really expected it to be worth more than a standard LX. It depreciated $15,500 in 18 months. How Ford can still sell this with a straight face is beyond me. Do yourself a favor, DON'T BUY ONE!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.