2006 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Crown Victoria model:
It's all good
By Wiley on 01/14/10 08:29 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This car, while not as heavy as a Cad I used to drive, is very comfortable and has excellent vision characteristics, instrutment cluster, steering wheel control of radio and speed control (have added in an iPod which is also controlled by the steering wheel. Have added on a device, which I had to order from England that allows attachment of GPS and/or iPod to a plate that fits onto the dash and beauty strip on the lower dash.. some road noise on concrete use Quite Coast spay in trunk and door panels now very quite, seats good for me 6'3" and very good on long drives driving or riding a co- pilot very good buy on an excellent used vehicle added on extended warranty and I'm good to go & fast

Good car
By Carmen Bradshaw on 03/16/09 14:26 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased this car used and drove 200 miles to Memphis getting around 28 miles/gallon. For the size, excellent gas mileage. Great looks, roomy interior, and roomy trunk that holds more than my patent's Windstar are great advantages. It already had plenty of power, but I installed dual exhaust, K & N Air Filter, and Performance Chip now has more power than I could ever use or need. With the 17" wheels, the looks are great as well. Insurance cheap at around $500.00 full coverage. Beats the Mustang GT I owned at one time.

Used Crown Vic. Can't go wrong
By Wiley Wesson on 02/07/09 09:33 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Got 23.5 mpg driving back from San Diego the day of the purchase. Put duals on it and got 28.9 mpg. Power is more than enough, comes out of passing gear at 90 mph and handles quite well in winding roads, not much leaning and didn't break lose unless put into the curve really hard. I'm 6'3" and find more than enough room for me in the drivers seat or shotgun.. rear seats no. Road noise on concrete Hwy is a bit loud. Going to put some QuietCar in the trunk, which is super big and can handle all.

Solid Vehicle
By supreme2005 on 01/30/09 06:36 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I bought my Crown Victoria two years ago and I now have just under 50k on it. I haven't had a single problem with it during its entire lifetime. It hasn't been in the shop except for regular oil changes. I feel extremely safe in this car; it's very solidly built. I bought this particular car over a similar 2002 Sport model because it had a much firmer ride with better road feel. It's very fast with ample power for freeway merging.

Solid Car
By Walter on 07/03/08 11:14 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This is my third Crown Victoria since the current styling came in 1992. It is not very fancy, but it is very solid transportation. It has adequate power when needed. If you are trying to impress or need more performance, you probably shouldn't be driving this car.

I love it!
By Griffin on 07/07/07 21:05 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Having been a GM guy all my life and owning a Chevy and 2 Oldsmobiles, I was a little hesitant to drive a Ford, having known nothing much about them. This car has suprised me. I find myself driving with the radio off just so I can hear the engine! This car has a serious road presence, and with my Michigan Sheriff front license plate, I find myself often stuck behind traffic doing exactly the speed limit! Mine is a loaded up LX, gently used with 19k on it. I picked it up for only $15k. It has a smooth ride, not too floaty, and not too stiff, and good road feel for such an old-fashioned car.

Road Cruiser
By sk8teacher on 06/20/07 06:30 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Bought new with most options installed including sport suspension. Used primarily for road trips. At 65mph on interstate highways with cruise control gets 26-29mpg. Good power accelerating to highways speeds, 6-way power seats ensure a comfortable ride. The trunk space is superior, it's amazing what you can put in it. The automatic air suspension allows for carrying extreme amounts of stuff while the car stays level and stable. For its size and weight, handling is exceptional.

Superior comfort
By billg on 02/08/07 07:57 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This is my 3rd Crown Vic. They have to be one of the greatest values out there. They are dirt cheap to insure (~$700/yr for FULL coverage) and maintain. Fuel economy is not outstanding, but decent (18mpg in typical suburban driving). The ride is supremely comfortable and the car handles respectably for its size. My 2nd CV (a '94) has NEVER had any mechanical trouble or been in for other than routine service. The reliability of these cars is amazing and comfort level is top notch.

More Bang for the Buck!
By Fort Worth Flyer on 10/25/06 19:59 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

The positive factors including the low insurance costs, the smooth quiet ride, decent performance, and excellent crash ratings, make this AMERICAN car one sweet ride. I drive in excess of 50K per year so I'm always looking for the maximum car for the least amount of money. This ride is the best going is this category. I bought my slightly used 2006 LX with 11,000 miles for under $15,000. I average 25.5 miles per gallon.

mileage, and ride
By tonyd on 05/21/06 13:04 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I live in Mass. I purchased this in S.C. while visiting our daughter. I traded in a 91 Crown Vic. I couldn't believe how quiet it was, and how comfortable the ride was and the front leg room. I am 6'1" (rear leg room I don't know). The front leg room was a lot more than my 91 and my other vehicle, a mint condition 86 Town Car. Driving it around the Hilton Head/Bluffton area in heavy traffic and the Savanna GA area, all heavy city traffic, the car gave me 23mpg. Coming home on the Interstate with the cruise set around 70mph the car averaged 28 mph; that to me is unbelievable, I still average 23 & around 27 on the highway and there's a lot of hills up here. I LOVE IT.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.