Used 2006 Ford Crown Victoria LX Sport Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Crown Victoria model:

Former Lexus owner
By Lee

2006 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan LX Sport 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This is my first Ford. I'm a 36 year old woman who has always owned imports and sports cars; I sold a Lexus LS 430 and a Porsche 911 when I bought this car. Purchased it with 9k miles for $15k from my local dealer. I wouldn't pay sticker price (at $30k new) but for $15k I feel I have a safe, reliable, large sedan with real wheel drive and a V8. Is it as refined as my Lexus? No, but it didn't cost $60k. The styling is dated, but I don't mind people having to take a second look to see if I'm a police car. The best thing about this car is that every time I get in it I am reminded that I have a lot more money in the bank than if I drove a "luxury" car. Excellent value!

Favorite Features

Reliability, excellent crash test scores, and comfortable ride.

Suggested Improvements

Cup holder could be a better design (but then my Porsche didn't even have cup holders).

Reality Check
By Brett

2006 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan LX Sport 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

The fellow complaining about his resale value is blaming someone else for his own lack of research. I bought mine to drive until the wheels fall off, so depreciation wasn't an issue. I knew about it going in. The complaint in the Vehicle Overview that the car is large and unwieldy is absurd. Compared to a full-sized SUV this thing is like a Miata to drive and park. The alloy suspension pieces, power rack and pinion steering, and the 17" alloys make it handle like a 5-series BMW. If Ford spent another $100 in materials inside the cabin, dropped the 300HP 3 valve engine in the LX Sport and actually _marketed_ the bloody thing, they could sell a ton of them. Who cares about the 300C?

Favorite Features

The trunk is cavernous. Air suspension allows carrying absurd loads. The leather buckets are very comfortable and supportive. Handles like much smaller, more expensive sports sedan. Bluff, aggressive monochrome style.

Suggested Improvements

Do something with those monochrome slabs of vinyl covering the insides of the doors. 24-valve V8! Marauder exhaust tips as an option. Steering could be slightly lighter at highway speeds.

Ford Fantastic
By Chris Ramas

2006 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan LX Sport 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

The Ford Crown Victoria is an excellent,dependable family sedan which surprisingly is also fun to drive. I purchased one with the sport suspension which gives the large,comfortable sedan great stability on the road, especially while negotiating tight corners. ABS and traction control add peace of mind on slick pavement. This is my four Crown Vic since the current platform debuted in 1991.

Favorite Features

Large, comfortable interior cabin, smooth ride, excellent handling for its size. Full size trunk.

Suggested Improvements

It would be great if Ford would offer more exterior and interior colour choices.

What not to buy
By David

2006 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan LX Sport 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased a 2004 Crown Vic Sport in late 2003 and really liked the car. It has a big car but sporty feel with plenty of power. The problem came when I tried to get out of the car 18 months later. After paying the hefty $31,000 price for this car I really expected it to be worth more than a standard LX. It depreciated $15,500 in 18 months. How Ford can still sell this with a straight face is beyond me. Do yourself a favor, DON'T BUY ONE!

Favorite Features

Lots of power and great feel, really solid. The sound system was a great disappointment.

Suggested Improvements

Stop charging 31k for a $25,000 dollar car. Needs a better sound system ... for the money the one in it is a disgrace.