Used 2006 Ford Crown Victoria Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

Most Helpful|
Used Crown Vic. Can't go wrong
By Wiley Wesson

2006 Ford Crown Victoria LX 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Got 23.5 mpg driving back from San Diego the day of the purchase. Put duals on it and got 28.9 mpg. Power is more than enough, comes out of passing gear at 90 mph and handles quite well in winding roads, not much leaning and didn't break lose unless put into the curve really hard. I'm 6'3" and find more than enough room for me in the drivers seat or shotgun.. rear seats no. Road noise on concrete Hwy is a bit loud. Going to put some QuietCar in the trunk, which is super big and can handle all.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage, drivers area size, and adjustable steering wheel, instrument panel cluster easy to read, good side and rear vision, trunk that can hold everything you will need for vacation, repairs, and just about anything else. Price can't be beat for a car like this, $9675 with 38,000, bullet proof

Suggested Improvements

For me, none... fits my needs all the way around. Keep making them..

Solid Car
By Walter

2006 Ford Crown Victoria LX 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This is my third Crown Victoria since the current styling came in 1992. It is not very fancy, but it is very solid transportation. It has adequate power when needed. If you are trying to impress or need more performance, you probably shouldn't be driving this car.

Favorite Features

It is quiet and comfortable. It has a very safe feel. It will never be mistaken for a hotrod, but will leave many cars behind from a stop light.

Suggested Improvements

I'm pretty tall (6'4") and my knee strikes the ashtray/cupholder when its pulled out. Design could be better. Also, the rear seat is huge, but has very little foot room when the front seats are back. It has no exterior antenna and radio reception could be better.

Good car
By Carmen Bradshaw

2006 Ford Crown Victoria LX 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased this car used and drove 200 miles to Memphis getting around 28 miles/gallon. For the size, excellent gas mileage. Great looks, roomy interior, and roomy trunk that holds more than my patent's Windstar are great advantages. It already had plenty of power, but I installed dual exhaust, K & N Air Filter, and Performance Chip now has more power than I could ever use or need. With the 17" wheels, the looks are great as well. Insurance cheap at around $500.00 full coverage. Beats the Mustang GT I owned at one time.

Favorite Features

Color, size, roomy interior, roomy trunk

Suggested Improvements

Cup holders

Solid Vehicle
By supreme2005

2006 Ford Crown Victoria LX 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I bought my Crown Victoria two years ago and I now have just under 50k on it. I haven't had a single problem with it during its entire lifetime. It hasn't been in the shop except for regular oil changes. I feel extremely safe in this car; it's very solidly built. I bought this particular car over a similar 2002 Sport model because it had a much firmer ride with better road feel. It's very fast with ample power for freeway merging.

Favorite Features

Big imposing feel, safe feeling when behind the wheel, old-fashioned solid build. I feel like I can drive it hard without worrying about breaking something.

Suggested Improvements

More aggressive styling, slightly more supportive seats.

It's all good
By Wiley

2006 Ford Crown Victoria LX 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This car, while not as heavy as a Cad I used to drive, is very comfortable and has excellent vision characteristics, instrutment cluster, steering wheel control of radio and speed control (have added in an iPod which is also controlled by the steering wheel. Have added on a device, which I had to order from England that allows attachment of GPS and/or iPod to a plate that fits onto the dash and beauty strip on the lower dash.. some road noise on concrete use Quite Coast spay in trunk and door panels now very quite, seats good for me 6'3" and very good on long drives driving or riding a co- pilot very good buy on an excellent used vehicle added on extended warranty and I'm good to go & fast

Favorite Features

Performance, gas milage (added duals) and I get 26 to 27 open road, 20 in town if you go very easy in the right lane, air conditioner, heater, vents instrument cluster, radio and speaker system, trunk is super, tire wear is low due to lightness of car, clean lines, ample room inside for four people

Suggested Improvements

If they added in the things i added in, then the price would have been higher, this car gives on the best bang for the buck in my book.. cost of operation is very reasonable, mine is working well below the average which is "stated" here at Edmunds at .51/mile. Would recommend the car to anyone..