Used 2006 Ford Crown Victoria Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

Most Helpful|
Used Crown Vic. Can't go wrong
By Wiley Wesson

2006 Ford Crown Victoria LX 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Got 23.5 mpg driving back from San Diego the day of the purchase. Put duals on it and got 28.9 mpg. Power is more than enough, comes out of passing gear at 90 mph and handles quite well in winding roads, not much leaning and didn't break lose unless put into the curve really hard. I'm 6'3" and find more than enough room for me in the drivers seat or shotgun.. rear seats no. Road noise on concrete Hwy is a bit loud. Going to put some QuietCar in the trunk, which is super big and can handle all.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage, drivers area size, and adjustable steering wheel, instrument panel cluster easy to read, good side and rear vision, trunk that can hold everything you will need for vacation, repairs, and just about anything else. Price can't be beat for a car like this, $9675 with 38,000, bullet proof

Suggested Improvements

For me, none... fits my needs all the way around. Keep making them..

Reality Check
By Brett

2006 Ford Crown Victoria LX Sport 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

The fellow complaining about his resale value is blaming someone else for his own lack of research. I bought mine to drive until the wheels fall off, so depreciation wasn't an issue. I knew about it going in. The complaint in the Vehicle Overview that the car is large and unwieldy is absurd. Compared to a full-sized SUV this thing is like a Miata to drive and park. The alloy suspension pieces, power rack and pinion steering, and the 17" alloys make it handle like a 5-series BMW. If Ford spent another $100 in materials inside the cabin, dropped the 300HP 3 valve engine in the LX Sport and actually _marketed_ the bloody thing, they could sell a ton of them. Who cares about the 300C?

Favorite Features

The trunk is cavernous. Air suspension allows carrying absurd loads. The leather buckets are very comfortable and supportive. Handles like much smaller, more expensive sports sedan. Bluff, aggressive monochrome style.

Suggested Improvements

Do something with those monochrome slabs of vinyl covering the insides of the doors. 24-valve V8! Marauder exhaust tips as an option. Steering could be slightly lighter at highway speeds.

What not to buy
By David

2006 Ford Crown Victoria LX Sport 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased a 2004 Crown Vic Sport in late 2003 and really liked the car. It has a big car but sporty feel with plenty of power. The problem came when I tried to get out of the car 18 months later. After paying the hefty $31,000 price for this car I really expected it to be worth more than a standard LX. It depreciated $15,500 in 18 months. How Ford can still sell this with a straight face is beyond me. Do yourself a favor, DON'T BUY ONE!

Favorite Features

Lots of power and great feel, really solid. The sound system was a great disappointment.

Suggested Improvements

Stop charging 31k for a $25,000 dollar car. Needs a better sound system ... for the money the one in it is a disgrace.

Solid Vehicle
By supreme2005

2006 Ford Crown Victoria LX 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I bought my Crown Victoria two years ago and I now have just under 50k on it. I haven't had a single problem with it during its entire lifetime. It hasn't been in the shop except for regular oil changes. I feel extremely safe in this car; it's very solidly built. I bought this particular car over a similar 2002 Sport model because it had a much firmer ride with better road feel. It's very fast with ample power for freeway merging.

Favorite Features

Big imposing feel, safe feeling when behind the wheel, old-fashioned solid build. I feel like I can drive it hard without worrying about breaking something.

Suggested Improvements

More aggressive styling, slightly more supportive seats.

Solid Car
By Walter

2006 Ford Crown Victoria LX 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This is my third Crown Victoria since the current styling came in 1992. It is not very fancy, but it is very solid transportation. It has adequate power when needed. If you are trying to impress or need more performance, you probably shouldn't be driving this car.

Favorite Features

It is quiet and comfortable. It has a very safe feel. It will never be mistaken for a hotrod, but will leave many cars behind from a stop light.

Suggested Improvements

I'm pretty tall (6'4") and my knee strikes the ashtray/cupholder when its pulled out. Design could be better. Also, the rear seat is huge, but has very little foot room when the front seats are back. It has no exterior antenna and radio reception could be better.