Used 2005 Ford Crown Victoria Consumer Reviews - 44 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Ford Crown Victoria

View reviews for a specific Crown Victoria model:

Ford's best car. Period.
By Mark

2005 Ford Crown Victoria LX Sport 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I have had very good luck with Ford Crown Vic's. I put 150,000 miles on them and then sell them to folks who proceed to drive them for years. Reliability is probably the best of any American car. No electrical problems, no head gasket problems, no tranny issues. I never spend money for repairs other than regular maintenance. My 2005 'LX' Sport is very comfortable, great in the snow and ice with the traction control and gets 25 mpg. on the highway. I also like the safety as I live and travel in Minnesota and the drivers here are the worst in any state I have been in. I have tried other cars, none compare in value and reliability.

Handling package is a must.

Add heated seats to leather equipped cars.

2005 Crown Victoria Sport
By Tom

2005 Ford Crown Victoria LX Sport 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Just bought this car and love it. The LX Sport gives a fantastic ride, great handling, and plenty of power. LX Sport comes with 17 inch wheels. This car moves! If you are looking for a sedan bigger than any GM car this is it. Rides so smooth and the handling package is great. Plenty of interior room and a huge trunk. This car is so under marketed by Ford!

Love the bucket seats, floor shifter, great stereo system, love the lumbar seats, and dual exhaust!

Offer the back up beeper that you do on the Ford 500. This beeps when you are getting close to anything.

Crown Vic
By marjorie holder

2005 Ford Crown Victoria LX 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

We have driven this vehicle and had only one problem on the road. It was taken care of by the tow truck driver. It involved the starter and once it was started we simply did not turn it off until we got back to our dealer and it was fixed under warranty. We chose it for its comfort and handling. We consider it next to the Town Car.

The total performance on the highway and its reliability. The large trunk. I love my passenger seat that is just like the driver's. My husband just likes the handling & chassis.

More secure cup holders. Six player CD changer. Easier to find and use the horn.

Best Darn Car Period
By crownviclover

2005 Ford Crown Victoria 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

The Crown Vic runs great. It has a lot of passing power on the mountains and easily passes any foreign competition. It gets good gas mileage and has given me no problems despite being driven up and down mountains daily. The car is always ready to pass when needed and offers great comfort for my 6 foot 2" frame. The car is the most reliable car I have ever had. I hope Ford will continue this basic car for many more years. I tried the new 300c and it cost more and has less visibility and not much more get up and go even with the Hemi. For the money, the Ford Crown Vic is the best car money can buy.

V8 engine and large trunk.

More bling bling, such as more wood trim and chrome on the interior. The exterior is beautiful and the inside styling is a little disappointing.

Hard to beat
By Carl

2005 Ford Crown Victoria LX 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Bought this loaded LX (leather, dual power seats, climate control, etc.) in June '04 for $10,000 off sticker price of almost $30,000. For performance, comfort, safety and quality, this car is hard to beat. My wife loves it. Gets solid 25 mpg on highway and almost 16 around town.

Comfort, safety, highway driving performance.

Interior styling update, added storage compartments with two power outlets, better quality drink holders, less noisy turn signals.