Used 2005 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan Consumer Reviews - 44 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Crown Victoria model:

2005 Crown Vic LX Sport
By Ronn

2005 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased a 2005 Crown Victoria LX Sport in March of 06. The vehicle had 82 miles on the odometer. In the past I have owned many full sized Fords, Mercurys and Chevrolets. This one is the best of the bunch! The LX Sport has the beefed up engine and suspension and holds the road like a sports car. We recently completed a road trip of over 1700 miles and averaged over 25 mpg. Driving around town I'm averaging 21. Not bad for a big car.

Driver and passenger side impact airbags. Huge trunk, full size spare, fuel economy.

Backup/Reverse alarm sensors, fog lights.

Sturdy and comfortable
By mjjust

2005 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this car for this reason only; it was the only 4 door v8 rwd American car in my price range. I got much more. It has to be the most comfortable car I have owned, even my mother-in-law prefers the ride to her Caddy DTS (and she has ONLY driven Caddys for the last 30 years). There is plenty of room, huge trunk, great mileage (22 mpg in mixed driving, 26 on trips). The resale is horrible, so I found a certified pre-owned and saved $13000.

RWD V8, comfortable ride, great mileage

Could use more power, wish I could have found a LX Sport.

can't complain yet
By sean

2005 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

The '05 is my second Crown Vic. I had a ‘93 with 158,000 on it when I sold it to a friend and it’s still running great, I love the cars, I love the space, I love the way they drive, I love the looks I get I'm 28 and people don’t know what I’m doing in that car. They are very commanding and posh cars. If I get the mileage out of the new one I got from the old one with the reliability of the old one I’ll have no problem spending $31,000 on another one,

The space, the way it handles, and accelerates, I love the look of the car, and my new one has traction control. That stuff helps a lot; you’d be surprised.

Fuel mileage, but that’s the price you pay if you don’t wanna drive around in a little tin can.

Can't go wrong
By Michael

2005 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

When a car manufacturer makes a specific model for many years you can be relatively sure it will be problem free; such is the case with the Crown Victoria. The LX is quiet and smooth with decent acceleration, fine handling and semi-sporty looks. It's not a monster V8 with gobs of horsepower but has enough to merge effortlessly into traffic and quickly get up to speed. I bought the car to commute but also because of its FIVE STAR Safety ratings for front AND side impacts(with side air bag option). It also comes with built-in side impact beams on either side. The NHTSA rates it as the safest large sedan available. As a victim of two not-at-fault accidents safety is paramount to me.

Side air-bags, stealth device (similar to a kill switch), alarm, huge trunk, conventional spare (not a mini), leather seating, back seat leg room, adjustable seating. Good visibility for a large vehicle.

Get rid of the plastic door handles. Maybe put a tachometer on the instrument panel.

Awesome Car
By Bill

2005 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Great ride, plenty of power, plenty of room, 22mpg town driving, 25+ highway (actually got 26.2 once!). Nothing fancy about this car but it does what is was designed for. This is a fabulous road cruiser. No wonder the police departments love them!

Comfort, ride, and roomy.