Used 2005 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Crown Victoria model:

Sturdy and comfortable
By mjjust

2005 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this car for this reason only; it was the only 4 door v8 rwd American car in my price range. I got much more. It has to be the most comfortable car I have owned, even my mother-in-law prefers the ride to her Caddy DTS (and she has ONLY driven Caddys for the last 30 years). There is plenty of room, huge trunk, great mileage (22 mpg in mixed driving, 26 on trips). The resale is horrible, so I found a certified pre-owned and saved $13000.

Favorite Features

RWD V8, comfortable ride, great mileage

Suggested Improvements

Could use more power, wish I could have found a LX Sport.

can't complain yet
By sean

2005 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

The '05 is my second Crown Vic. I had a Ď93 with 158,000 on it when I sold it to a friend and itís still running great, I love the cars, I love the space, I love the way they drive, I love the looks I get I'm 28 and people donít know what Iím doing in that car. They are very commanding and posh cars. If I get the mileage out of the new one I got from the old one with the reliability of the old one Iíll have no problem spending $31,000 on another one,

Favorite Features

The space, the way it handles, and accelerates, I love the look of the car, and my new one has traction control. That stuff helps a lot; youíd be surprised.

Suggested Improvements

Fuel mileage, but thatís the price you pay if you donít wanna drive around in a little tin can.

Can't go wrong
By Michael

2005 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

When a car manufacturer makes a specific model for many years you can be relatively sure it will be problem free; such is the case with the Crown Victoria. The LX is quiet and smooth with decent acceleration, fine handling and semi-sporty looks. It's not a monster V8 with gobs of horsepower but has enough to merge effortlessly into traffic and quickly get up to speed. I bought the car to commute but also because of its FIVE STAR Safety ratings for front AND side impacts(with side air bag option). It also comes with built-in side impact beams on either side. The NHTSA rates it as the safest large sedan available. As a victim of two not-at-fault accidents safety is paramount to me.

Favorite Features

Side air-bags, stealth device (similar to a kill switch), alarm, huge trunk, conventional spare (not a mini), leather seating, back seat leg room, adjustable seating. Good visibility for a large vehicle.

Suggested Improvements

Get rid of the plastic door handles. Maybe put a tachometer on the instrument panel.

Awesome Car
By Bill

2005 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Great ride, plenty of power, plenty of room, 22mpg town driving, 25+ highway (actually got 26.2 once!). Nothing fancy about this car but it does what is was designed for. This is a fabulous road cruiser. No wonder the police departments love them!

Favorite Features

Comfort, ride, and roomy.

Ford's best car. Period.
By Mark

2005 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan LX Sport 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I have had very good luck with Ford Crown Vic's. I put 150,000 miles on them and then sell them to folks who proceed to drive them for years. Reliability is probably the best of any American car. No electrical problems, no head gasket problems, no tranny issues. I never spend money for repairs other than regular maintenance. My 2005 'LX' Sport is very comfortable, great in the snow and ice with the traction control and gets 25 mpg. on the highway. I also like the safety as I live and travel in Minnesota and the drivers here are the worst in any state I have been in. I have tried other cars, none compare in value and reliability.

Favorite Features

Handling package is a must.

Suggested Improvements

Add heated seats to leather equipped cars.