2005 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Crown Victoria model:
2005 Crown Victoria Sport
By Tom on 08/10/05 22:24 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan LX Sport 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Just bought this car and love it. The LX Sport gives a fantastic ride, great handling, and plenty of power. LX Sport comes with 17 inch wheels. This car moves! If you are looking for a sedan bigger than any GM car this is it. Rides so smooth and the handling package is great. Plenty of interior room and a huge trunk. This car is so under marketed by Ford!

Crown Vic
By marjorie holder on 07/30/05 09:28 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

We have driven this vehicle and had only one problem on the road. It was taken care of by the tow truck driver. It involved the starter and once it was started we simply did not turn it off until we got back to our dealer and it was fixed under warranty. We chose it for its comfort and handling. We consider it next to the Town Car.

Best Darn Car Period
By crownviclover on 06/29/05 00:40 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

The Crown Vic runs great. It has a lot of passing power on the mountains and easily passes any foreign competition. It gets good gas mileage and has given me no problems despite being driven up and down mountains daily. The car is always ready to pass when needed and offers great comfort for my 6 foot 2" frame. The car is the most reliable car I have ever had. I hope Ford will continue this basic car for many more years. I tried the new 300c and it cost more and has less visibility and not much more get up and go even with the Hemi. For the money, the Ford Crown Vic is the best car money can buy.

Hard to beat
By Carl on 05/28/05 18:57 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Bought this loaded LX (leather, dual power seats, climate control, etc.) in June '04 for $10,000 off sticker price of almost $30,000. For performance, comfort, safety and quality, this car is hard to beat. My wife loves it. Gets solid 25 mpg on highway and almost 16 around town.

Why I bought a 2005 CV
By Michael Darnell on 05/08/05 04:30 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan LX Sport 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I have been looking for a good rear wheel drive vehicle to buy for two years. Now in 2005 I found the CV LX Sport as the best option for a growing family, with lots of trunk room. Several website list owners of CV/GM that drive them more than ten years and they have over a 100,000 miles on the car. I just want a good riding vehicle and I have found it with this vehicle. I wanted a vehicle that I can drive for more than 15 years or more and I feel this car will last that long. To me the fact the car only has 240 horsepower engine.

LX Ford Vic Sport
By Killybight on 05/02/05 23:40 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan LX Sport 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Love this car. Just did a 5000 mile trip, no problems. Love the smooth shift of the transmission. Good power. With the floor shift it is very easy to downshift to use the engine for braking. CD/am/fm/cassete player sound options. Auto-Set option on AM/FM Radio is nice on long trips. (Tunes in 6 strongest stations automatically)

Great suprise
By great car on 04/30/05 10:16 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Suprisingly great ride, handling, economy, and dependability. The v-8 delivers a significant amount of power and consistantly averages over 22 mpg. Although a good looking car, the style is becoming a little outdated. I have put over 40k miles with absolutely no problems with the vehicle. I strongly recommend; comparability equal to luxury sedans costing thousands more.

Crown Vic Review
By Jim Hall on 04/24/05 08:32 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan LX Sport 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I have had this car for an year. Not a thing wrong with it, nor did anything go wrong. The ride is out of this world. The power is great. Not an hot rod but can hold its own. I just love this car.

Crown Vic
By Rob on 03/30/05 21:02 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Good solid old fashioned car.

Best of the Best
By Glenn1149 on 03/23/05 23:57 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan LX Sport 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This automobile is without a doubt the best overall vehicle I have ever owned within this class. It has looks, performance and serviceability like none other on the market. It is great in the economy category too. I just came off of a trip that I exceeded 26.5 miles per gallon on for the second or third time in two months. This with a V-8 that runs like nothing I have ever owned before or since the Sixties anyway. It has been a long time coming but I do not see how anyone can buy a smaller car in this price range with a V-6. You get less space, less performance and less economy. The comfort is beyond belief and this vehicle is absolutely fun to drive.