2005 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Crown Victoria model:
LX Sport
By LX Sport on 01/19/07 04:12 AM (PST)

2005 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Have owned several imports and would say I enjoy driving. The LX Sport is one of the best kept secrets out there. It is quick and with the handling package it corners like a lighter sportier import. 5 Star safety rating is a strong plus. Rear impact issues that used to haunt this model are mostly corrected. Car really likes to cruise and loves curves. Exceptional brakes!

Crown Vic - Good and not so Good.
By Rosalia C. Hunt on 10/28/06 08:51 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

All good - still have slight rattle in driver's door but I can live with it. This is my 3rd Crown Vic. I would of bought a Lincoln (which I also have owned, '3') but the price was right for the Vic. The dealer told me that after 2006 there would be no more Crown Vic's made. Then why a 2007?

CVPI Review
By steve bloom on 08/03/06 16:44 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This is a brand new 2005 Police Interceptor with the 250 hp engine. Quick midrange performance, but slower off the line due to the curb weight. Outstanding response and handles like it's on rails. Very well balanced. Spartan interior but very comfortable buckets with power adjustment. Dual exhaust has a nice sound but is subdued at the same time. Same as the LX Sport except for the 11 hp increase.

I love it, G/F Hates it
By Robert on 07/04/06 05:47 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Girlfriend hates it cause it's for old people or police. My opinion, I hate FWD cars. V8-RWD is the only way to go. Only car left around $30k is Crown Vic. Actually paid $28k for the LX Sport. Love the auto climate, huge bucket seats, and power everything. Soft yet firm ride with the sport package. This thing is a real cruiser. People get out of my way going down the highway. For the money and the options, you can't beat it. Luxury car options and size for mid-size import cost. Lots of room everywhere. If police trust them, so can I. No problems with downshifting going up mountains. Everybody I talk to likes the car. I would buy again!

2005 Crown Vic LX Sport
By Ronn on 05/21/06 22:41 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased a 2005 Crown Victoria LX Sport in March of 06. The vehicle had 82 miles on the odometer. In the past I have owned many full sized Fords, Mercurys and Chevrolets. This one is the best of the bunch! The LX Sport has the beefed up engine and suspension and holds the road like a sports car. We recently completed a road trip of over 1700 miles and averaged over 25 mpg. Driving around town I'm averaging 21. Not bad for a big car.

Sturdy and comfortable
By mjjust on 03/01/06 20:34 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this car for this reason only; it was the only 4 door v8 rwd American car in my price range. I got much more. It has to be the most comfortable car I have owned, even my mother-in-law prefers the ride to her Caddy DTS (and she has ONLY driven Caddys for the last 30 years). There is plenty of room, huge trunk, great mileage (22 mpg in mixed driving, 26 on trips). The resale is horrible, so I found a certified pre-owned and saved $13000.

can't complain yet
By sean on 02/01/06 21:13 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

The '05 is my second Crown Vic. I had a ‘93 with 158,000 on it when I sold it to a friend and it’s still running great, I love the cars, I love the space, I love the way they drive, I love the looks I get I'm 28 and people don’t know what I’m doing in that car. They are very commanding and posh cars. If I get the mileage out of the new one I got from the old one with the reliability of the old one I’ll have no problem spending $31,000 on another one,

Can't go wrong
By Michael on 10/30/05 08:11 AM (PST)

2005 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

When a car manufacturer makes a specific model for many years you can be relatively sure it will be problem free; such is the case with the Crown Victoria. The LX is quiet and smooth with decent acceleration, fine handling and semi-sporty looks. It's not a monster V8 with gobs of horsepower but has enough to merge effortlessly into traffic and quickly get up to speed. I bought the car to commute but also because of its FIVE STAR Safety ratings for front AND side impacts(with side air bag option). It also comes with built-in side impact beams on either side. The NHTSA rates it as the safest large sedan available. As a victim of two not-at-fault accidents safety is paramount to me.

Awesome Car
By Bill on 10/24/05 12:22 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Great ride, plenty of power, plenty of room, 22mpg town driving, 25+ highway (actually got 26.2 once!). Nothing fancy about this car but it does what is was designed for. This is a fabulous road cruiser. No wonder the police departments love them!

Ford's best car. Period.
By Mark on 09/27/05 00:13 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan LX Sport 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I have had very good luck with Ford Crown Vic's. I put 150,000 miles on them and then sell them to folks who proceed to drive them for years. Reliability is probably the best of any American car. No electrical problems, no head gasket problems, no tranny issues. I never spend money for repairs other than regular maintenance. My 2005 'LX' Sport is very comfortable, great in the snow and ice with the traction control and gets 25 mpg. on the highway. I also like the safety as I live and travel in Minnesota and the drivers here are the worst in any state I have been in. I have tried other cars, none compare in value and reliability.