Used 2005 Ford Crown Victoria Base Sedan Consumer Reviews - 8 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Crown Victoria model:

Got me through a rough time
By Anon friend

2005 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I was in a rough situation, many cars i bought were cheap and caused me to loose jobs.

This car i got at 106k and its 147k i did do work though changed water pump because it was making a noise you could hear on youtube. Get it

2005 Crown Victoria Police Interceptor
By YK23

2005 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I bought my car used. I have only driven it for 5 minutes and was ready to buy the car. Has plenty of room and comfort + the launch is amazing for such a big car. Recently did a road trip (1200 km) and averaged about 10 L/ 100 km (about 30 mpg). My car has a lot of mileage (232 000 km) and still runs very strong. I recommend this car to anyone. I'm 22 and I love the way it handles on the highway + people never get on your way at nights :)

room, quietness, launch from 0, police upgrades, room for 6, dual exhaust, everything

don't discontinue this car

Best Darn Car Period
By crownviclover

2005 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

The Crown Vic runs great. It has a lot of passing power on the mountains and easily passes any foreign competition. It gets good gas mileage and has given me no problems despite being driven up and down mountains daily. The car is always ready to pass when needed and offers great comfort for my 6 foot 2" frame. The car is the most reliable car I have ever had. I hope Ford will continue this basic car for many more years. I tried the new 300c and it cost more and has less visibility and not much more get up and go even with the Hemi. For the money, the Ford Crown Vic is the best car money can buy.

V8 engine and large trunk.

More bling bling, such as more wood trim and chrome on the interior. The exterior is beautiful and the inside styling is a little disappointing.

Great suprise
By great car

2005 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Suprisingly great ride, handling, economy, and dependability. The v-8 delivers a significant amount of power and consistantly averages over 22 mpg. Although a good looking car, the style is becoming a little outdated. I have put over 40k miles with absolutely no problems with the vehicle. I strongly recommend; comparability equal to luxury sedans costing thousands more.

Power, economy, comfort.

none.

Ford Crown Vic is best
By eli45

2005 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I love the Ford Crown Victoria. It is roomy and rides smoothly. My car gets 25.5 mpg on highway. It has great power and is easy to drive. It is red and has a great paint finish. This sedan gives you more for your money than any other car on the road. It is safe and has plenty of room to put suitcases etc. The best car I've driven in 35 years.

Large frame. Large front window. Long hood. Large tires. Bench seats.

Bigger storage for maps, sunglasses etc, in the front area.