2005 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Crown Victoria model:
Six years, 76000 miles
By sk8teacher on 07/14/11 05:23 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Bought new in Sept 2005. Had every option available for the LX, and was over $30k. Got a really great deal and have loved the car. We live 45 miles outside of DC and average 22-23mpg mixed driving, and 26-28mpg highway. You can ride all day and never get tired. Very smooth ride. Use the cruise control on the highway or you will find yourself going well over the speed limit it is so smooth and effortless. It still amazes me how much you can get into the trunk. At 21 cubic feet, it is huge! If you can find someone willing to part with theirs, buy it. You won't be disappointed.

Crown Victoria LX
By CrownVic420 on 09/23/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I bought the car a bit over a year ago and i loved it more and more since i got it. It has a bit of a rattle on the door and the cup holder but its all good. But the tape player automatically seeks if you go 30 seconds without playing a song but it works. The left shocks and struts squeak when i turn left which concerns me a little. But i think their ok. The seats are big and comfortable and it is very roomy which is great because I'm pretty tall. The gas mileage is good for what it is i usually get about 20 mpg in a good day and 26-28 on the highway going at 80.

Simply Amazed!
By collegestudent21 on 12/09/09 09:36 AM (PST)

2005 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I was definitely not planning on buying a crown victoria, my previous car, died a week before I was suppose to start college, i had a 2000 Toyota Camry, only had 98,000 miles and the car died. I got my 05 crown victoria from my grandmother, she bought a new 08 grand marqauis. I've had the car for a year and a half. The reliability has been great so far, it had 18,000 miles when I got it, it has 47,000 miles as of today, has not had any problems os far. The ride is extremely smooth, car has amazing power, i catch myself speeding alot. The seats are extremely comfortable, and lastly the gas mileage is amazing, on two different trips, i got an average of 28 MPG, I was shocked.

Absolutely love my Crown Victoria!!
By Luke on 03/26/09 07:43 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this car about a year ago from a family friend. It only had 18000 miles on it. She wanted a new crown victoria, she wanted a different color LOL. She gave me a great deal on the car. I love everything about this car, the exterior looks very nice, just enough chrome. Also love the keyless entry pad, don't ever have to worry about locking my keys in the car. This car is so comfortable, and has alot of power. I find myself speeding all the time. The quality and reliability is awesome also. Haven't had any problems. My sister has a 01 crown vic, hers had 130000 miles. She hasn't had any problems either. I am sad they are discontinuing these cars

I absolutely love this vehicle.
By Luke on 02/24/09 12:49 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I absolutely love this vehicle. I bought it from a good friend of the family. It only had 19,000 miles on it. I love this car a lot. It is the most comfortable car, seats are just amazing. Best ride ever, eats up the bumps and potholes excellent. Has a lot of power, never have trouble getting car up to speed. I also love the steering on this car, for such a big car, it handles amazing. Also the gas mileage just shocked me to death. For a full size rear wheel drive with a V-8, on the highway i get 27 mpg, mixed driving i get 23 mpg. The only thing I was worried about was driving it in the snow, but it doesn't handle that bad in the snow. I am only 20 years old. I'm shocked how much I like it.

Get a Crownnie!
By BIGSMOOTH215 on 08/03/08 14:59 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

My Chrismas present was a 2005 Crown Victoria LX, was a perfect gift for my brother and I, it's perfect on trips, in the city of Philly. These cars are very easy to maintain and friendly on regular gas. These cars a very easy to supercharge ( if you like racing ) Other than that no major problem, smooth rides and great trunk space

Cheapening of the Crown
By Mike on 02/20/07 08:43 AM (PST)

2005 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I am greatly disappointed on how this vehicle was cheapened. I owned the same vehicle seven years ago and it was a better vehicle.

LX Sport
By LX Sport on 01/19/07 04:12 AM (PST)

2005 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Have owned several imports and would say I enjoy driving. The LX Sport is one of the best kept secrets out there. It is quick and with the handling package it corners like a lighter sportier import. 5 Star safety rating is a strong plus. Rear impact issues that used to haunt this model are mostly corrected. Car really likes to cruise and loves curves. Exceptional brakes!

Crown Vic - Good and not so Good.
By Rosalia C. Hunt on 10/28/06 08:51 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

All good - still have slight rattle in driver's door but I can live with it. This is my 3rd Crown Vic. I would of bought a Lincoln (which I also have owned, '3') but the price was right for the Vic. The dealer told me that after 2006 there would be no more Crown Vic's made. Then why a 2007?

CVPI Review
By steve bloom on 08/03/06 16:44 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This is a brand new 2005 Police Interceptor with the 250 hp engine. Quick midrange performance, but slower off the line due to the curb weight. Outstanding response and handles like it's on rails. Very well balanced. Spartan interior but very comfortable buckets with power adjustment. Dual exhaust has a nice sound but is subdued at the same time. Same as the LX Sport except for the 11 hp increase.