Used 2005 Ford Crown Victoria Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Ford Crown Victoria - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Crown Victoria model:

Buy it!
By ghost261

2005 Ford Crown Victoria LX Sport 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this at about 76k miles, I now have almost 83k. It is all black and leather interior, just about all the extras you can add. I drove this from Austin, Texas to Pennsylvania. It was a 1600 miles trip and the car was fully packed, back seat included. I still got 24-25 mpg. City driving is about 18 but for a V8 and how heavy the car is, not bad at all. I love it and wouldn't sell it at all. Great power and actually a head turner, probably cause they think I am undercover ;). People do move out of the way on the highway though. I do plan on adding some extras like intake and exhaust etc for even more of a muscle car.

8 way power seats, moon roof, power, handling, surprisingly mpg.

I really can't think of any

Six years, 76000 miles
By sk8teacher

2005 Ford Crown Victoria LX 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Bought new in Sept 2005. Had every option available for the LX, and was over $30k. Got a really great deal and have loved the car. We live 45 miles outside of DC and average 22-23mpg mixed driving, and 26-28mpg highway. You can ride all day and never get tired. Very smooth ride. Use the cruise control on the highway or you will find yourself going well over the speed limit it is so smooth and effortless. It still amazes me how much you can get into the trunk. At 21 cubic feet, it is huge! If you can find someone willing to part with theirs, buy it. You won't be disappointed.

Roominess, trunk space, comfort

Bring it back!

2005 Crown Victoria Police Interceptor
By YK23

2005 Ford Crown Victoria 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I bought my car used. I have only driven it for 5 minutes and was ready to buy the car. Has plenty of room and comfort + the launch is amazing for such a big car. Recently did a road trip (1200 km) and averaged about 10 L/ 100 km (about 30 mpg). My car has a lot of mileage (232 000 km) and still runs very strong. I recommend this car to anyone. I'm 22 and I love the way it handles on the highway + people never get on your way at nights :)

room, quietness, launch from 0, police upgrades, room for 6, dual exhaust, everything

don't discontinue this car

Crown Victoria LX
By CrownVic420

2005 Ford Crown Victoria LX 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I bought the car a bit over a year ago and i loved it more and more since i got it. It has a bit of a rattle on the door and the cup holder but its all good. But the tape player automatically seeks if you go 30 seconds without playing a song but it works. The left shocks and struts squeak when i turn left which concerns me a little. But i think their ok. The seats are big and comfortable and it is very roomy which is great because I'm pretty tall. The gas mileage is good for what it is i usually get about 20 mpg in a good day and 26-28 on the highway going at 80.

I like how big and roomy it is, and also i like the 4.6L V8. Its a bit under powered but it goes. I love the ride of the car. Its very smooth and surprisingly the turning radius is good for a yom kippur clipper.

Well its a bit late for that since their not making them anymore after 2011. But i would give it more power and tighten up the suspension. Also i would add more luxury features and put a much more up to date sound system in it. But otherwise i love it and wouldn't change much else.

Simply Amazed!
By collegestudent21

2005 Ford Crown Victoria LX 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I was definitely not planning on buying a crown victoria, my previous car, died a week before I was suppose to start college, i had a 2000 Toyota Camry, only had 98,000 miles and the car died. I got my 05 crown victoria from my grandmother, she bought a new 08 grand marqauis. I've had the car for a year and a half. The reliability has been great so far, it had 18,000 miles when I got it, it has 47,000 miles as of today, has not had any problems os far. The ride is extremely smooth, car has amazing power, i catch myself speeding alot. The seats are extremely comfortable, and lastly the gas mileage is amazing, on two different trips, i got an average of 28 MPG, I was shocked.

I love the radio and heating controls on the steering wheel, power adjustable pedals, automatic headlights, automatic parking brake release, just too many amazing features to list.

Don't discontinue the crown victoria, grand Marquis, and town car. They are amazing vehicles. I recommend them to everyone.