The Only Car
By BCH on
2004 Ford Crown Victoria 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)
Being a 22 yr old college student, I needed a vehicle that was reliable, comfortable on those long trips to and from school, and had a low ownership cost (low cost to buy, maintain, and insure). I purchased the 04 Crown Vic off of an individual who had bought the car new. The CV is a bargain and does everything I expected and more. On long trips I can expect 30-32 mpg and around town low 20's. The fuel economy is on par with many 6 cylinder mid-sized sedans. So why not go for more room, more comfort, and 8 cylinder performance? And when some unsuspecting smart alec pops off about it being a "granny car" I simply unleash the Triton V-8 and that shuts them up. A great value and a great car!
Favorite Features
Worlds best A/C and heat!! Great lumbar support. Impressive handling, performance, and fuel economy for such a large car. Handles and parks like a smaller car. Very comfortable on long trips. Will not overheat when idling on a 100 degree day with A/C on while sitting in traffic for hours.
Suggested Improvements
More thigh support on front and rear seats. The radio controls are a bit of a reach, but having the steering wheel mounted climate and radio controls solves that. Engine needs more guts in the 50-60 mph range. Its a real shame 2007 is the last year for the CV.