2004 Ford Crown Victoria Consumer Review: Excellent Car

2004 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan - Consumer Review

Excellent Car
By Gary S on

2004 Ford Crown Victoria 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This was my first new car. At age 54, I had only driven used cars and decided to treat myself to a new one. Mine was a left-over 2004 model that I bought in early 2005 at a very steep discount. It's the cheapie base model, but who cares, I don't next extra plasti-chrome or fancy wheels. It's got a simple presentation but that's to my liking; I don't need extra cup holders or cargo nets or any of that fluffy stuff. Everything in mine is simple, like analog instruments, manual heat/def. controls, etc.

Very solid, roomy, comfortable, quiet, dead reliable, excellent fuel economy for size at an actual 17 city 28 highway. Some much smaller cars don't do a lot better than that on hwy. mileage. I'm very fond of the rack and pinion steering on this large car.

Redesign the deck lid lip molding so water doesn't dribble into the trunk when opened it after it rains. Front seat head restraint angle is all wrong for us and there's no way to adjust for it, just up and down.